New acquisition by Belk

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. All the stores in Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia are lower B and C stores. Most of them sell stuff that you would see in a typical Ross Dress for Less and TJ Maxx. Most are so poor in selection, that I've heard many people say they would rather shop for clothes at Kohl's and Marshalls before they step foot in a Belk.

Being a resident of Jackson Ms. I was excited about talk of a Parisian coming to town about a year ago. The rumor started about the same time Belk purchased McRaes. Everyone here was excited about finally having an upscale store to shop. Before, all we had to choose from was Dillards or McRaes(now Belk). The McRaes store here was very large in size but was also very moderate. Most of us thought Belk was much worse than McRaes and hadn't shopped there in a while. However, just this past weekend on a shopping trip to Northpark Mall we were shocked. We walk in and there is a line down the mall to get into Belk. Come to find out Gene Simmons from Kiss was there signing the new fragrance KISS. We thought we would check Belk out on more time.... We were all blown away as we enter the store the first thing we see is Lauren by Ralph Lauren(which McRaes did not carry) as we continued on we were floored, everything we wanted out of a better department store was right in front of us. McRaes had never carried the brands before.. for example the Belk store here carries: Karen Kane, Nine West, BCBG, To The Max, Maxa Mara, ST JOHN, Free People, Vera Wang Dresses, and many many more. Everything we thought a Parisian or a Macy's would bring us was already here and we had no idea. After shopping, on the way out, my mom was stopped again in cosmetics by a Keihls associate. Never new we had Keihls here in Mississippi. They also carry MAC, Bobbie Brown, Prescriptives, Orgins, Chanel, Clairns, and the list goes on. I started researching Belk and that is how I found this site. Belk is no Kohls, JC Penny, or esp. Ross. The upscale shopper here is very happy that Belk is now in our neighborhood. Give them a shot they may know what they are doing after all!!!

Thanks

Being a resident of Jackson Ms. I was excited about talk of a Parisian coming to town about a year ago. The rumor started about the same time Belk purchased McRaes. Everyone here was excited about finally having an upscale store to shop. Before, all we had to choose from was Dillards or McRaes(now Belk). The McRaes store here was very large in size but was also very moderate. Most of us thought Belk was much worse than McRaes and hadn't shopped there in a while. However, just this past weekend on a shopping trip to Northpark Mall we were shocked. We walk in and there is a line down the mall to get into Belk. Come to find out Gene Simmons from Kiss was there signing the new fragrance KISS. We thought we would check Belk out on more time.... We were all blown away as we enter the store the first thing we see is Lauren by Ralph Lauren(which McRaes did not carry) as we continued on we were floored, everything we wanted out of a better department store was right in front of us. McRaes had never carried the brands before.. for example the Belk store here carries: Karen Kane, Nine West, BCBG, To The Max, Maxa Mara, ST JOHN, Free People, Vera Wang Dresses, and many many more. Everything we thought a Parisian or a Macy's would bring us was already here and we had no idea. After shopping, on the way out, my mom was stopped again in cosmetics by a Keihls associate. Never new we had Keihls here in Mississippi. They also carry MAC, Bobbie Brown, Prescriptives, Orgins, Chanel, Clairns, and the list goes on. I started researching Belk and that is how I found this site. Belk is no Kohls, JC Penny, or esp. Ross. The upscale shopper here is very happy that Belk is now in our neighborhood. Give them a shot they may know what they are doing after all!!!

Thanks

Archived