Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tSlater

Where to get good views of downtown?

5 posts in this topic

I know there's an excellent view atop the Amway... but do I have to be in a suit & tie to get up there?

While walking around yesterday I just went to the top of a few parking garages to get views.. is there any other places I can go?

If you want a nice skyline shot and you still want to be downtown I try for the Bridgewater place car ramp off of Bridge.

What about GVSU's Eberhard center? I'll bet no one would notice if you wandered in there and took some pictures

Try the upper part of John Ball Park. Walk up the stairs near the bandshell. Great view of downtown and the westside.

I know there's an excellent view atop the Amway... but do I have to be in a suit & tie to get up there?

While walking around yesterday I just went to the top of a few parking garages to get views.. is there any other places I can go?

One of my favorites is riding back from Kent Trails past the water plant and the salvage yard. Undevelop forest, industrial processes, and suddenly I'm back DT.

You could also go out to Sullivan Field and climb the hill, get above the residential that is right there.