Plans for a 'W' near the roundabout

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Shoneys and the souvenir shop are history at this site. The old Mandrel Museum is about to get demolished as well. The demolition permits were issued last week.

Excellent. Good to know that change is taking place on this site. I just wonder if it's about to become a mega-parking lot, or if new buildings will sprout sooner than later.

I believe the Palomar is higher-end. I wouldn't take anything away from Monaco though. I've been to the Monaco in SLC and San Fran - they're both cool but I think this Palomar is going be better than we expect. I for one am ready to check in (since this is probably the only way I will get to sleep in ST - LOL).

Shoney's is gone....George Jones gift shop is gone....Barbara Mandrell theatre is halfway gone. Gonna be one really big peice of open land in a day or two. What's next?

Hopefully, something like this!!!!! :thumbsup: This is the "W" hotel/condo/retail project going up in Dallas.

WDallas2.jpg

WDallas1.jpg

They spent $9.25 Million for the property, so you know they have big plans for it. The "W" hotel is rumored, and it seems very reasonable to me that they might make it a mixed use hotel - condo project like the one in the renderings. There may not be a better view of Nashville than from that site. Can you imagine the views of downtown Nashville, Midtown and the Gulch from there if a tower were built with condos on the upper floors? It boggles my mind!

Hopefully, something like this!!!!! :thumbsup: This is the "W" hotel/condo/retail project going up in Dallas.

WDallas2.jpg

WDallas1.jpg

They spent $9.25 Million for the property, so you know they have big plans for it. The "W" hotel is rumored, and it seems very reasonable to me that they might make it a mixed use hotel - condo project like the one in the renderings. There may not be a better view of Nashville than from that site. Can you imagine the views of downtown Nashville, Midtown and the Gulch from there if a tower were built with condos on the upper floors? It boggles my mind!

I'd love to buy a condo there!!

The company that designed the W in Dallas also designed the hotel portion of the WES. Notice the placement of the pool deck on both building.

I did not know that! That explains the similar design between the two buildings. I like the idea of placing the pool deck between the hotel and condo halves of the structure.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This project seems very viable IMO. I've located the W Hotel & Residences Dallas website. Not a shabby looking building if you ask me, I think it gives a general idea of what ours could possibly look like, just about 100 feet shorter. The W Dallas is about 430 feet tall. It is loctaed in the giant urban center called Victory Park.

W Dallas Victory Residences

http://www.victoryresidences.com/

Victory Park in Dallas

http://www.victorypark.com/index_flash.html

Archived