Top 5-10 Favorite Places to Eat in the Lansing Metro

USA11B

What are your top 5-10 favorite places to eat in the Lansing/East Lansing metro area?

Mine:

1. DeLuca's Pizza - Lansing. On Willow St. by the GM Plant

2. Jersey Giant Subs - Downtown E.L. has always been my favorite location

3. Reidy's Pizza - Downtown Charlotte

4. Sammy's Lounge - Lansing. S. Cedar location. Seemed to be a lot better before they added on the whole bar/club thing.

5. Dispatch Lounge - Lansing. I believe it's on Lansing Rd. Cheap and delicious!

6. Sir Pizza - Several locations

7. Tony M's - Lansing. Off Creyts Rd.

8. Clara's - Lansing. Michigan Ave., haven't ate there in years, have heard from a few people that it has gone down hill though.

9. Crunchy's - East Lansing, AWESOME burgers and beer!

10. Harrison Roadhouse - E.L. AWESOME atmosphere and food!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few places I thought of after posting this, that should definately either be on the list or honorable mentions...

Sparty's Coney Island - E.L.

Spartan Coney Island - E.L.

Beggar's Banquet - E.L.

Peanut Barrell - E.L.

Westside Deli - Lansing

Emil's - Lansing

Coscarelli's - Lansing

Big John's Steak and Onion - Okemos

For me:

1. Sir Pizza

2. Famous Taco

3. Airport Tavern

4. Kewpee's (spelling?)

5. Emil's

Clara's is good too, if not for anything else they have a huge menu, and while their food isn't great, it's still pretty good and has a nice atmosphere.

It's sort of hard for me to make a list like this because I don't go to that many different resturaunts, the first three of mine are WAY out ahead of the other two, another resturaunt I go to a lot and love is the Texas Roadhouse, but I figured I wouldn't put a chain resturaunt on the list. I have to agree though, when it comes to Sammy's. I used to get really good food from there, then the ownership supposedly changed. I went there about 3 times after the owner was different and I got very bad food twice and not so great service, I haven't been back since and probably won't.

For me:

1. Sir Pizza

2. Famous Taco

3. Airport Tavern

4. Kewpee's (spelling?)

5. Emil's

Clara's is good too, if not for anything else they have a huge menu, and while their food isn't great, it's still pretty good and has a nice atmosphere.

It's sort of hard for me to make a list like this because I don't go to that many different resturaunts, the first three of mine are WAY out ahead of the other two, another resturaunt I go to a lot and love is the Texas Roadhouse, but I figured I wouldn't put a chain resturaunt on the list. I have to agree though, when it comes to Sammy's. I used to get really good food from there, then the ownership supposedly changed. I went there about 3 times after the owner was different and I got very bad food twice and not so great service, I haven't been back since and probably won't.

You know I can't believe I forgot Airport Tavern...That would definatley be one of the top places...I used to love that place...Awesome steaks and burgers and wings.

Famous Taco is great also. I don't even know how to explain why they are so good, it's like they just have the perfect combination of everything. Nothing in particular stands out, but you eat one of their Taco Lunch's and its like the shell is perfect for the meat and cheese, the chips are a perfect compliment to the taco, the salsa is perfect for all of it...It's just one of those places on their own it probably wouldn't be that great, but the overall package it is awesome! I used to eat at their Frandor location for lunch all the time.

Yeah I heard the same thing about Sammy's, new management took over and that's when they started to try to become a big nighttime hot spot which ruined everything about that place. Besides the food and service, they've destroyed the atmosphere which is a big part of what made Sammy's so cool!

Yeah I heard the same thing about Sammy's, new management took over and that's when they started to try to become a big nighttime hot spot which ruined everything about that place. Besides the food and service, they've destroyed the atmosphere which is a big part of what made Sammy's so cool!

Yeah, The Point After did the same thing, introduce "Hip-Hop" nights, and a couple people got stabbed or shot, one person may have died, and the place lost so much business that it closed. The food and stuff was still good, I went there a few times after they had lost business and they were still good. But they still ended up closing.

1. DeLuca's

2. Famous Taco

3. Clara's

4. Harrison Roadhouse

5. Emil's

6. Big Ten Burrito

7. Jersey Giant

8. Tony M's

9. Crunchy's

10. The Nuthouse/ Bonnie's Place/ Lyn's Chinese Buffet (MLK @ Holmes)

Personally, I think Deluca's is a bit overrated. Good, but not "the best" as many say it is. If this was 100% my opinion I woudl have to put it around 3 or 4 on the list.

Umm....

1. Culver's, Marsh Rd. in front of Wal-Mart

Sorry about that, it's the only thing I could think of. That's our usual place to eat when my family goes down to Lansing. But Culver's in general kicks @$$.

Famous Taco sounds good, I think I'll try them next time we're down there.

As far as tacos, I also like the Panchero's on Okemos @ Jolly. Pretty good for your upscale burrito joint, except that (a) the meat was quite lacking in flavor, and (b) Jones Soda makes the WORST cream soda I've ever had.

I don't eat out a lot, but I'd thought I'd add some Chinese/Asian restaurants in Mid-Michigan:

1. House of Ing - they do both American and Chinese.

2. Oodles of Noodles - right on Trowbridge when you get off the freeway.

Also, one of my newer favorites is actually just a taco stand, but it's really authentic and reminds me of the Mexican food I've had in Vegas. The stand, El Oasis, has been at the corner Mt. Hope and MLK for what, nearly a year now?

Archived