Arizona off-topic

MJLO

I just need to say I am really starting to loath windows vista. The internet explorer won't let me do anything without prompting. Allow me to say this, send all trojans, viruses, spyware, and any other possible way to violate my computer.

I DON'T CARE. I want to throw this thing out the window when all I want to do is listen to the radio, or watch a video, and I have to go thru ten minutes of disabling my computer in order to do anything I used to be able to just point and click and enjoy. I have decided to screw this computer and vista, and take the security settings down to almost nothing. I'm annoyed.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Austin, I think the anti-height sentiment is just around Town Lake and outside of Downtown, and the latter is probably just worried about "changing the character of the neighborhood".

That's funny because there's a Mac ad on TV that makes fun of Vista's new security features. When it comes to Microsoft, you should always wait until the second version to get it. It was the same way with XP.

I almost bought a mac too, I just bought this computer, It came with friggen vista automatically. It's turned my world upside down trying to figure out how to use this crap, when you throw in the whole "security" of it, my computer won't allow me to yawn, without taking me thru six bureaucratic steps.

I almost bought a mac too, I just bought this computer, It came with friggen vista automatically. It's turned my world upside down trying to figure out how to use this crap, when you throw in the whole "security" of it, my computer won't allow me to yawn, without taking me thru six bureaucratic steps.
Edited by convulso

You guys are going to climb up on your liberal hippie soap boxes and give me grief for this, but I gotta say it anyway. I'm friggen addicted to Christina Aguilera's new loungie music style. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've never like commercialized music!

You guys are going to climb up on your liberal hippie soap boxes and give me grief for this, but I gotta say it anyway. I'm friggen addicted to Christina Aguilera's new loungie music style. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've never like commercialized music!
Edited by convulso

Good call, Ben. A lot of bands are foresaken when they actually start making money. Unfortunately, that success often corresponds with a marked down-turn in their art. However, some have maintained and I try to stick with them.

Actually, Goldfrapp is a good example. They got no radio play for several years and not many knew about them. Now that they are actually getting on MTV, no one in the indie media wants to mention them anymore.

I thought this was interesting. I found this article strolling thru the Grand Rapids subforum. It's an article that ranks metropolitan areas, based on how much corporate investment is going on in metropolitan areas. It's most solely about chicago, which had the largest number of investments. What suprised me is that Pheonix didn't rank. It had the second most amount of dollars in terms of capitol investment, by a long shot, but it's all just development companies building all of those office parks in friggen Scottsdale. Check it out, if you're a #'s nerd like me you might enjoy it.

While Phoenix did not make the top 10 in projects, the Arizona MSA placed second in capital investment, at $3.365 billion. St. Louis came in third with $2.315 billion.

haha Love,

well here I am with hugs and smiles.

What I am judging it on is, not so much IP, but simultaneous guests viewing the room at one time. Generally we have between four and five non member viewers at one time. We have also started to pick up in the area of number of unregistered hits. Just check out who's in the room, alot of the time when i'm by myself there are a few stealthy viewers with me.

Condo's are selling for 3million plus.

A guy bought a condo in Keirland for 3mill. They say the penthouse condo's in the new Scottsdale towers could top 4. What's the deal with Keirland? Is it like a lifestyle supercenter? It's gotta be huge and expensive for people to be paying that kind of $. I've only been there once, and it was about a year ago. I don't know that much about what goes on there.

DID you hear it guys ?!?!? Friday reached 99 degrees in the Valley, it was the hottest day in the history of Phoenix winters! It's only a few weeks and we're back at it, average daily temps above 90. We all know what May brings...........100 plus till November.

Of the things I've heard about Tucson, it does sound like a place I'd like. I already have made plans for my trips out west later this year but maybe next year I can make a little sidetrip and see a part of AZ I haven't been yet.
Edited by convulso

Condo's are selling for 3million plus.

A guy bought a condo in Keirland for 3mill. They say the penthouse condo's in the new Scottsdale towers could top 4. What's the deal with Keirland? Is it like a lifestyle supercenter? It's gotta be huge and expensive for people to be paying that kind of $. I've only been there once, and it was about a year ago. I don't know that much about what goes on there.

Edited by convulso

MOVING?

Yes! Colin is moving to Phoenix for 3 months for a temporary job in the Biltmore area. Basically, tons of money for something that is, in reality, pretty easy stuff.

I'm weighing my options on the accomodations right now, but may end up on an air mattress in a rented studio. Actually, I would prefer the latter.

woah colin! I did not expect this news from u, sorry I haven't been around much. I've been in Tennessee for work the past couple weeks, and now i'm in Grand Rapids chillin with friends and family. I'll be back on my normal beat Monday. I do kinda miss the valley, but it's great to be home.

not sure if congrats are in order - i'm guessing they are - but good luck. where is the biltmore area?

i was in phoenix a lot this weekend, and i kind of came to the conclusion that, if one were inclined to undertake a density-based way of living in downtown phoenix, one could actually have a pretty nice life - if one's work and residence were within walking distance of one another, and if one were willing to choose from among very limited options for after-hours leisure (downtown is not exactly party central.) sure, it's comparatively dead, but it therefore seems comparatively safe for pedestrian traffic after hours. wages are higher in phoenix, allowing for some flexibility in securing some nicer rentals in the area; there's a grocery (!) and, well...

...well, i dunno - i've been trying to learn a little more about downtown phoenix on a couple of recent trips, and i've just slowly gotten the feeling that much of the misery of commuting that seems to go hand in hand with life in phoenix could be replaced by the boredom (as of now) of living in an inactive, but new - and safe - walkable area. not for everyone, to be sure - especially not for the culture-starved or nocturnally restless. but i think there's something of an empty canvas feeling to the urban fabric downtown, and perhaps ten or so years from now there might be enough leisure diversion in the area to actually offer a pretty well-rounded and convenient urban living experience - though i think, due to its lack of history, it will always be pretty soulless. kinda like san jose.

Edited by convulso