Above Ann Arbor...

RustTown

Here are some aerials I found of A Squared courtesy of:

Airplane Lane - http://www.flickr.com/photos/photons/

Looking East of Downtown and UofM and UofM Hospital campus (upper left)

12414434_e9d9855492_b.jpg

Almost a shot of the whole thing looking east

12414435_579a894761_b.jpg

Fast-growing village of Saline (Suh-Lean) in Metro Ann Arbor. I hope they can rope in that growth better than this.

12425273_43fff22fcf_b.jpg

The suburban North Campus on the other side of the river

45964199_9ad11ad899_b.jpg

45964054_2ab29c0b77_b.jpg

Looking northeast

47862050_6991e2bdb9_b.jpg

South/Sports Campus

47861747_30ceafae3b_b.jpg

Northeast, again.

47861899_5243b2f1a4_b.jpg

The whole thing and the end

48479799_644157e832_b.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing photos!! Great find LMich.

Dang, just look at Pioneer High School. It's friggin huge! Their grounds alone could fit the entire Central Campus of U of M.

For the first time, I can see where they are constructing the East Medical Campus in the north campus photos way in the upper right corner.

I'm also excited to see what's going to happen to that brown patchy spot over Lowertown Ann Arbor. Not only is it supposed to get a major new urbanist retail/hotel project. The university is planning on building 5-7 new medical buildings that may be 10-15 stories.

Now if only we can get a few 40-50 story buildings, our downtown will look even better from the air.

Wonderful pics, Lmich. It really made me "homesick" for A-squared, a town that I lived in for part of seven years. Wolve, Pioneer High may be big, but it is bursting at the seams. That is why a new high school is being built in the northwest corner of the city.

my mom graduated from pioneer, never realised how big it was.

Awsome pics of AA, not often you get pics of the "skyline" has anyone taken any pics of the skyline from ground level. I know that it's a street level city, but from what i recall there are a couple of spots where you can get good shots.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get what you mean. Students aren't keeping permanent residents out in any regard. If there was a large scale demand for permanent housing, it would have been built, but it looks like Ann Arbor (like most Michigan cities) is starting to see that, at least.

Archived