Anyone living in or moving into Hillmount (505 Cherry SE)

michaelskis

Michael,

You can be the first to start one :thumbsup: I am sure there are people in the forums that are planning on living/moving there like yourself.

I think that is a great idea!

I was wondering if anyone is living in, or is going to move into Hillmount. My fianc

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not moving in, but had a question.... :)

Are you going to commute upto GR each day you want to work on the condo? Or will you crash @ a hotel for the month you work on it?

Since I will still work in Portage (and plan to for a few years) I will just be commuting back and forth.

Wow... um. I guess that I am the only one moving there. :cry:

No worries michaelskis. I've heard they're not doing too badly. I wonder why no one else from Hillmount has found their way here yet? Although maybe they have and are afraid to participate, or maybe they aren't interested in development stuff. Who knows.

No worries michaelskis. I've heard they're not doing too badly. I wonder why no one else from Hillmount has found their way here yet? Although maybe they have and are afraid to participate, or maybe they aren't interested in development stuff. Who knows.

We went up there a few weeks ago to get some measurements for the new condo and noticed that most of the units were sold.

I would just like to get a jump start on meeting some new neighbors.

We went up there a few weeks ago to get some measurements for the new condo and noticed that most of the units were sold.

I would just like to get a jump start on meeting some new neighbors.

Hi Michaelskis,

Congratulations on your condo and welcome to the neighborhood! I don't live at Hillmount but just a block up on the corner of Cherry and James. If you and your fiancee new to the area, I'd gladly be a tour guide or simply meet up for coffee.

Hi Michaelskis,

Congratulations on your condo and welcome to the neighborhood! I don't live at Hillmount but just a block up on the corner of Cherry and James. If you and your fiancee new to the area, I'd gladly be a tour guide or simply meet up for coffee.

Thanks for the offer. I will have to take you up on that!

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe it's because they aren't experiencing any problems with the project or their developer.

Maybe it's because they aren't experiencing any problems with the project or their developer.

I've heard that the Hillmount wants to put in some sort of rooftop amenity for the residents. There's just one little problem, or perhaps I should say there are nine of them: T-Mobile has antennas up there, and a long-term lease.

I've heard that the Hillmount wants to put in some sort of rooftop amenity for the residents. There's just one little problem, or perhaps I should say there are nine of them: T-Mobile has antennas up there, and a long-term lease.

That could prove problematic. Interesting how the rooftop deck amenity seems to be such a deal breaker with some developers.

Hmmm that is very interesting. I will have to look into that. I know that they are replacing the roof here in the next month or so, then they are going to put the deck on.

Hmmm that is very interesting. I will have to look into that. I know that they are replacing the roof here in the next month or so, then they are going to put the deck on.

Which unit did you purchase?

I took a tour of these condos last summer and again a couple of weeks ago. The project has certainly evolved! If Hillmount had offered its current options last summer, I may have made a different choice. I am very impressed with their combo model. And I love the Heritage Hill neighborhood.

I think you made a great choice.

BF

Which unit did you purchase?

I took a tour of these condos last summer and again a couple of weeks ago. The project has certainly evolved! If Hillmount had offered its current options last summer, I may have made a different choice. I am very impressed with their combo model. And I love the Heritage Hill neighborhood.

I think you made a great choice.

BF

We bought 516. You should see one of the other units that people have renovated. They are way more impressive then the model units. We removed a few walls and have done all sorts already. We hope to finish it and move in by the second to the last weekend of July.

Keep us posted on Hillmount Condo doings, michaelskis. I'm VERY interested in that project, and , by extension, the future renovation of the Oakwood Manor.

While living in the Oakwood through much of the '90s, we residents often said that there were only two possible paths for those buildings: condominium conversion or Section 8 housing. There really didn't seem to be any middle ground. I'm relieved that the first choice is becoming a reality.

Keep us posted on Hillmount Condo doings, michaelskis. I'm VERY interested in that project, and , by extension, the future renovation of the Oakwood Manor.

While living in the Oakwood through much of the '90s, we residents often said that there were only two possible paths for those buildings: condominium conversion or Section 8 housing. There really didn't seem to be any middle ground. I'm relieved that the first choice is becoming a reality.

The other day I was speaking with a guy who use to live in Hillmount but was house sitting for my new neighbor, and he commented that the cars in the parking lot went from junked out cars to ok cars, and now its newer cars, trucks, and suvs, including Escalades, BMW

Archived