Columbia Transit

JT Boy

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I understand it costs money and does take up space but I have seen the success of the one in Charlotte and Sumter is currently building one out of a old plant in downtown so they must not be such bad ideas. But is there anyway we could built a covered bus transit center. I mean I am sure those people do not want be in the building then have to walk out into the rain to board a bus and you can have more buses in the building so they don't block traffic and no large crowd near the road, so no pedrestains possibly getting hit while waiting to board a bus. I mean the one on Sumter street looks new built I just think a covered on would have been better.

I dont see why not. Greenville currently has one... the roof is a parking lot/deck. It basicly comes down to a need for a new one, and the williness to build something like they have in Charlotte. If Columbia were to build something like that then I think they need to look into plannign for connections with future rail links....

• 3 weeks later...

CMRTA Extends Bus Service to Village at Sandhills, the Free-Times reports. Service will be extended along Two Notch Rd to the VAS and new service will be added along Alpine and Faraway Rds starting June 1. No additional costs will be incurred due to the shifting of schedules of existing routes.

CMRTA Extends Bus Service to Village at Sandhills, the Free-Times reports. Service will be extended along Two Notch Rd to the VAS and new service will be added along Alpine and Faraway Rds starting June 1. No additional costs will be incurred due to the shifting of schedules of existing routes.

I think this is a pretty good ideal. Especially considering the time and distance from the city to the Village of Sandhill. The city bus service is starting to expand it's reach :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

That doesn't mean Columbia shouldn't go ahead and start planninf for an LRT system though. They are incredibly expensive, so getting the ROW secured now would put them in a better place in the future. I know it won't happen- but its what they SHOULD do.

Yesterday I noticed a huge ad on the left side and back of a CMRTA bus on Garner's Ferry Rd. I thought to myself, why haven't they done this earlier? Having ads on the side of buses will raise a nice amount of cash to help fund the system :good: . I can't recall what the ad was for, has anyone else seen this?

• 1 month later...