Wireless Hot Spots

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering where your favorite places are to go to have a drink and have free internet access. I have so far found SK Net Cafe and the Caribou on East Blvd. I was wondering what other in places in the city offer this service? Thanks!!

Sir Edmond Halley's over in the Park Rd Shopping Center offers it too. I'm interested in knowing about other places too. During the school semester sometimes my husband and I like to bring our laptops and go out to eat. Romantic, huh?

I work from home and bring my laptop to lunch when I feel like getting out. Here in Dilworth, Caribou as was already mentioned has free wifi. Although its often unreliable I have found and they also run a pay service that takes up more space. Right up the block Just Fresh has much better quality free connectivity I think. Panera next door to the Manor in Myers Park is also a favorite of mine for surfing. My dad has a Verizon aircard that picks up the web anywhere in most cities. I am jealous but my traveling range is pretty small and I don't need one now.

Panera has excellent WiFi access. I've used the one over at North Lake when my cable went out for a few hours.

Sprint is offering $59.99 unlimited wireless broadband internet in Charlotte. It's not competetive with cable, but if you traveled alot, or had to go to a lot of places in the city, then its probably a pretty good deal.

I almost forgot this spot! Freedom Park recently became a free wifi zone. The system is scattered throughout the park so you can use pretty much any bench. I thinks its a great addition and they are plans to slowly extend coverage to other parks across the city.

I almost forgot this spot! Freedom Park recently became a free wifi zone. The system is scattered throughout the park so you can use pretty much any bench. I thinks its a great addition and they are plans to slowly extend coverage to other parks across the city.

that would be awesome!

I went to the Fox and the Hound and they had a 'free wifi' sticker on the the door but when i tried to connect it needed a password and no one there knew anything about it... they told me if I had an ethernet cable I could plug into the wall! ::gasp::

Archived