The Free Times gives UP a nod

krazeeboi

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must have some ties to the City Paper. I find the content to be rather propaganda-ish actually.

Krazee, I was just about to post the same thing. I've picked up the Columbia City Paper 3 times and it doesn't represent the views of most Columbians I know. Free Times is a MUCH better paper, both journalistically and informationally.

True, kind of like we laugh at The National Enquirer while we're in line at the grocery store, lol.

Wow!

You guys seem frightened that there's another newspaper in town.

Chill out. Documented evidence that I always read about in City Paper is the opposite of propaganda. Regurgitated water cooler talk of how Styx sucks months later, now that's just a sad attempt at news paper reporting after the fact. I couldn't help but notice the straight news story on the bus system last week, more in depth and before Free Times again.

I mean, I like Free Times and all but lighten up. I think this defensive reaction shows who has ties to what. Perhaps you are the reporters at Free Times that apparently don't pick up the phone or leave the office. Run on over to the music reviewers cubical and tell him to keep up the good work. It's the only reason I still pick y'all up. Maybe try doing a better job on news, less sucking up, and less attacking people like me and you won't keep losing readers to other newspapers in town.

let me get this straight,

You'd would rather have millions of dollars of tax payer money wasted, people with skin cancer, Sanford electrocuting people that haven't committed a premeditated offenses, S.C. being #1 in women being killed by domestic partners, no bus system for people to get to jobs, a sexual pervert as a USC department head, child day care centers with no regulations, and you probably would have rather watched American Idol than know what was going on in New Orleans during Katrina.

I think their approach and intentions are pretty damn positive for Columbia.

Maybe you were turned off by their review of Drag Kings or Savage Love's column.

Not only are you a disgrace to your orientation, you are a disgrace to the Columbia, S.C. Community.

You should be disgusted. Disgusted at the blatant waste of tax payer money of having a incompetent cronies running Three Rivers. Enjoy your little fantasy world, I can't waste time replying to people living in such denial.

Wow...your cluelessness is shocking. I didn't think posts like this were allowed on UP? Apparently an employee of this paper I've never even heard of.

Wow...your cluelessness is shocking. I didn't think posts like this were allowed on UP? Apparently an employee of this paper I've never even heard of.

This is my final post. Cluelessness? I love the fact that you guys can't talk facts at all.

Just "propaganda", lies and assumptions. I'm a freaking reader, and if you are also in denial about Three Rivers, here's an update... It's over pal! The tax payer waste is over. No thanks to the many fine papers in town. It would be over regardless, even if there wasn't that one paper that reported it before the fact. Three Rivers is finally done losing money every year. No credit is due to any one to stop it. Just blame to the organizers that ran it poorly year after year.

So you can also live in denial. But the fact is every one else on planet Columbia know Three Rivers was run crappy and wasted tax payer money.

Sorry, I didn't know fact based opinions were allowed on UP. I'll never come here again.

We have no problem with your opinion of the festival--you aren't alone in that regard. But the attitude in which you have presented that opinion just sucks.

His presentation completely sucks. I actually don't care much about the music festival either way. This was the first year I went, and it was only because of one artist. Geez, that guy is a bitter, miserable person.

His presentation completely sucks. I actually don't care much about the music festival either way. This was the first year I went, and it was only because of one artist. Geez, that guy is a bitter, miserable person.

Seriously; I have no ties to the festival and only attended once, but I don't like it when people write nasty articles about others who give of their time to help make Columbia a better city.

Archived