Meier and Frank and Luxury Collection

Inkdaub

Hotel Online- Meier and Frank

"Developer Sage Hospitality Resources said this week that it intends to build a swank $117 million hotel on the upper 10 floors of the downtown landmark. Luxury Collection, a brand owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc., intends to bring four- or five-star opulence to a building that had not aged particularly well in recent decades."

This was originally planned as a Renaisance Hotel. I have to admit I'm glad it's now going to be a Luxury Collection Hotel. Many are sad to see the MF go but it was dying a slow death and the new Macy's will be a nice addition to downtown.

Here's a pic...not mine...

636.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is some exterior work but mostly interior on the store portion. The upper levels that will become the hotel will require quite a bit of work both inside and out. They will try and keep as much of the building's facade as they can but they are still working on it.

The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places so that rules out any drastic changes.

The plan is have the store portion ready for shoppers by next Christmas' shopping season. The hotel will take longer, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Starwood and I'm glad Port is getting another property. I have seen some renderings but nothing very good. I do try to keep track, though. This thing is about a fifteen minute walk from my place and literally around the corner from work...I pass it every single day. If I see a decent rendering I'll post it.

Archived