The paranormal

dimebag1980

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way the Saints play (cursed?) I would tend to believe it :lol:

I'm a life-long Cowboys fan so I don't talk much of the Saints (not that I can say too much good about my Cowboys in recent years either.) ;) Afterall, people from south Louisiana call us north Louisianians "Texans" anyway because of the cultural differences.

It's only fitting that the new movie 'Dallas,' based on the TV show, will be filming 2/3 here and 1/3 in Dallas. We'd pass for Dallas long before New Orleans due to cultural and landscape similarities. The good thing is, though, we do have a good mix of both... though we're heavier on the Texas culture.

The way the Saints play (cursed?) I would tend to believe it :lol:

Haha, actually, you're right. Here is an excert from Wikipedia about the "curse"

Construction started on the Louisiana Superdome on August 11, 1971 and was finished in November 1975. The Girod Street Cemetery was demolished to make space for it; some superstitious locals attribute the poor record of the New Orleans Saints to bad luck produced by disturbing the tombs, although it should be noted that the Saints had a mediocre record since they began play in 1967 in New Orleans's older major sports arena, the venerable Tulane Stadium, which was condemned on the day the Superdome opened.

Ok let me see if I can give this a secon try....

Ghosts:

Yes I believe in them. They're just spirits. They're not going to run around in sheets with eyes cut out. But they're all around at all times, especially family.

My mother told me that after her uncle died in a room in our family home, after his funeral she saw him in the room. Glad I didn't know that when I was little... that was my room. But my grandfather died in my current room (and room at the time then). That summer, I was trying to figure something out and something whispered in my ear!

At my old job, the production room had a ribbon of windows to the hallway and I'd always see someone walking up the hallway in the corner of my eye and when I turn to look, no one was there. One day I took lunch first only to come back to the machine down, so the shift minus me took lunch together. So I was left in the production room alone, stamping boxes when I felt someone walk up to me from behind. I thought it was one of my co-workers trying to sneak up on me so I turned around to let them know I knew they were there and no one was standing there. Another night, one of the women went to the ladies restroom. Their restroom had two entrances, one from the back of an adjacent room that we could see from where we were and the hall way. When she came back she asked had the next shift come and we said no. So she told us that someone walked into the entrance we could see, went to a locker, and walked out the hallway door. We told her we saw no one walk anywhere. One supervisor said that an old co-worker who died the day I started used to like to play tricks and said it was he who was haunting the place. It wasn't an old building, probably built in 2000.

UFO's:

We can't be the only beings in the entire universe! One 4th of July I saw a dark, round cloud moving pretty fast across a clear daytime sky. I would have followed it had I not been in a hurry. It couldn't have been smoke or fireworks.

Ooh! Spooky! Intriguing...

Ghosts - My honest opinion on ghosts and hauntings is kinda 3 fold. I believe an event can leave an imprint on a physical location to where it can be witnessed happening over and over again (such as a murder, battle, etc.) I also believe spirits can get lost here, not "going into the light" but staying here instead. This is usually due to the feeling of something not being finished in their lives or the need to correct a wrong. My final theory is that demons masquerade as the spirits of the dead to fool the living.

Aliens - Most intelligent people believe that somewhere else out there are other beings. Have they visited Earth yet, maybe. One day we will overcome the boundaries that separate us from travelling the great distances between stars and we shall see.

Ooh! Spooky! Intriguing...

Ghosts - My honest opinion on ghosts and hauntings is kinda 3 fold. I believe an event can leave an imprint on a physical location to where it can be witnessed happening over and over again (such as a murder, battle, etc.)

Yes, a residual haunting. These, to me, are the most intriguing as they don't know they're "haunting" anyone. They're different from an intelligent haunting, since they don't interact with their surroundings, but rather they just play out a particular scenario either daily or on a particular day at a particular time.

I also believe spirits can get lost here, not "going into the light" but staying here instead. This is usually due to the feeling of something not being finished in their lives or the need to correct a wrong. My final theory is that demons masquerade as the spirits of the dead to fool the living.

Yeah, the demons concern me, because I've heard of too many encounters with them. I also believe, like you, that spirits can be trapped here. I believe that's why I love the show Ghost Whisperer so much, because that's what Jennifer Love Hewitt's character has to deal with on a daily basis.

who else here has people think they are crazy because they believe that all of the "godly" things in the bible and most other religions are tied into Extra Terrestrials? To me it makes sense... and there is so much other crap around the world that would explain it too. But still, it seems like no one else really thinks that way. No one I know, anyway.

who else here has people think they are crazy because they believe that all of the "godly" things in the bible and most other religions are tied into Extra Terrestrials? To me it makes sense... and there is so much other crap around the world that would explain it too. But still, it seems like no one else really thinks that way. No one I know, anyway.

Just curious, are you a Scientologist?

:lol: Hey I just had to check... talking about aliens and religion together and all.

yeah i can see where you were coming from :) to me it makes sense though... you know? if you look back in the old testament at all the times God is shown... it's either in giant pilars of fire, or bright clouds, or whatever... among other things. back then, people had no way to describe them.... they just knew that they came from "heaven", which litterally means "sky". and the old greek word for heaven, "ooranous" (i hope i spelled that right), litterally means sky. And then you look at all these other old religions across the world... egyptians, incans, whatever... they all worship people coming from the sky. they're still even finding pyramids spread out through out the world. And people have found tribes in the middle of the African jungle who worship "Yahweh" and "Elohim", etc. Jewish names for "God".

With all we know about ET now and everything that people experience around the world, the only thing that makes sense to me is that what we see now as UFOs and "space aliens" are actually what people of old times were seeing and worshiping.

beyond that, i have no clue. Whether the aliens really created us or just came down here to mess with a primitve people is beyond me.

Guess I'm just a weirdo! :yahoo:

The closest, if anything, I had to a "ghost" encounter was when I was cleaning up my Grandparents' lake cabin after they both died. I remember we were hanging some stuff on the walls, and I had gone to where I had last put the hammer, and it was absolutely in the drawer.

I opened the drawer and searched but it was not there. I remember shutting it and then asking myself out loud "where the hell did I put the hammer?" and I opened the drawer againk, and it was sitting in plain view right on top.

I immediately thanked my grandparents and got back to work.

Aliens? I don't know. I believe that life exists outside of earth, but I don't know to which extent. You can give probabilities and everything, but I'm not going to say yes or no. And I don't believe that Roswell, NM's area 51 houses an alien. I just think they do some pretty appauling things testing military technology on soldiers and employees.. and hope they don't say anything about it.

Yes, a residual haunting. These, to me, are the most intriguing as they don't know they're "haunting" anyone. They're different from an intelligent haunting, since they don't interact with their surroundings, but rather they just play out a particular scenario either daily or on a particular day at a particular time.

Yeah, the demons concern me, because I've heard of too many encounters with them. I also believe, like you, that spirits can be trapped here. I believe that's why I love the show Ghost Whisperer so much, because that's what Jennifer Love Hewitt's character has to deal with on a daily basis.

Oooh High Spirits and Ghost! I wanna see these now!

I've never heard about demons masquerading as ghosts... they're completely different and really out to harm.

Wasn't a demon, but hey now I'm in the mood for Poltergeist!

And about aliens, I don't think we'd want to meet up with all of them... there might be some that could be giants. I remember that time in Futurama where a planet hit the windshield as if it were a bug. And what if they're not friendly?

Archived