The Rails of Opportunity

blink55184

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I couldn't find the map myself.

same here, I was very interested in that too...It says in the following pages, I surfed the whole site.

It mustve been part of a bigger story/article back in 1998 when it was written, mustve been taken down because I dont see anything now.

yea what ever did happen to this? i drive over the rail that leads to weaver almost everday over on granby st. no sign of anything...and this was 8yrs ago?!

HeartbeatHead:

The rails you drive over belongs to the state and is operated by Central New England (CNE). CNE takes at least 10 cars up to the Home Depot distribution Center in Bloomfield. The CNE is owned by AJ Bellivue and should not be confusd by the New England Central, which is owned by RailAmerica.

CNE is on tracks that the orginal CNE ran on. The frst time someone used the telephone to call for a doctor was when a CNE passenger train fell off the Farmington River bridge at Tariffville. (The bridge collasped that night - 1/15/1878). Four of the ten cars and the 2 locomotives were thrown into the icy Farmington River. 13 people were killed, thou, including an engineer.

JimSawhill

HeartbeatHead:

The rails you drive over belongs to the state and is operated by Central New England (CNE). CNE takes at least 10 cars up to the Home Depot distribution Center in Bloomfield. The CNE is owned by AJ Bellivue and should not be confusd by the New England Central, which is owned by RailAmerica.

CNE is on tracks that the orginal CNE ran on. The frst time someone used the telephone to call for a doctor was when a CNE passenger train fell off the Farmington River bridge at Tariffville. (The bridge collasped that night - 1/15/1878). Four of the ten cars and the 2 locomotives were thrown into the icy Farmington River. 13 people were killed, thou, including an engineer.

JimSawhill

yea i know where ur talking about. my friend actually lives in tarriffville and we were walking back along the river and you can see some of the track of the bridge that was standing

yea i know where ur talking about. my friend actually lives in tarriffville and we were walking back along the river and you can see some of the track of the bridge that was standing

Cool...:) Here in Florida, there are thinking of relaying the railroad for commuters. The area is east of Tampa and north of Tampa --- and the streetcar system will be expanding here too.

Jim

Archived