Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veloise

Here's yer sign!

31 posts in this topic

vpark.jpg

Good grief. I could create something better using the Poster-Banner machine at Kinko's, and a big ol' piece of astrobrite.

firstpark.jpg

FP actually applied to get rid of this sign and its twin, to replace with a moving marquee.

lib.jpg

Ick.

lib-1.jpg

This is much classier.

fsc-sign.jpg

Nice. Matches the building, well-made, even landscaped.

Ick.

I know, right? That library sign is putrid. I just noticed it's ugliness last week for the frist time.

The First Park sign is just temporary until they start construction on their youth center. (sarcasm)

You should add the signage for the Ford Museum, that is pretty bad if you ask me

All the downtown GVSU signs are pretty bad too.

All the downtown GVSU signs are pretty bad too.

I hope you're not talking about my boy Blue. Blue guides me when I'm lost. One time I didn't know which way I was facing on Hawthorne Street and I started to get scared, but then I saw Blue and I was fine. Some nights if I'm lucky (ha, ha) I can see Blue on Fountain past Diamond. He's saying Hi on Michigan St to Me on Fountain. You gotta love Blue.

I hope you're not talking about my boy Blue. Blue guides me when I'm lost. One time I didn't know which way I was facing on Hawthorne Street and I started to get scared, but then I saw Blue and I was fine. Some nights if I'm lucky (ha, ha) I can see Blue on Fountain past Diamond. He's saying Hi on Michigan St to Me on Fountain. You gotta love Blue.

Old Blue?

003oscpatrickcranshaw0022yj.jpg

You should add the signage for the Ford Museum, that is pretty bad if you ask me

Was running out of daylight. Perhaps this evening, since you've requested it. (As if I needed another reason to persuade myself to go DT!)

I like the GVSU sign and the Ford Museum sign :blush:

Up close I'll admit they're really nice signs... but from far away when they're brighter than 90% of everything else in view, then they're pretty annoying.

I mean the ones that tell you which parking lot belongs to GVSU, and which ones belong to the DASH lots

:sick:

Two fonts, two weights. Guess all the wild creativity takes place inside.

kendal.jpg

Simple, tasteful, attractive.

stcece.jpg

kendal.jpg

I think it's because all of Ferris's lettering has sarifs, and Kendall's does not. Even though the two schools have merged efforts locally, apparently they didn't merge identities. :lol:

http://www.kcad.edu/

http://www.ferris.edu/

You consider the different kerning of fonts plus the "swoosh effect" of the late 90's to be attractive? I'd take the Kendall sign over this any day.

Joe

stcece.jpg

I have to say monument signs are much much classier than the typical suburban ones. Out here in Arizona, the cities are very tight about what they will allow in terms of developement, all the signs are monument style, be they fast food or service stations. The buildings are so tightly coded too. If they would have taken strides to regulate places like Alpine TWP. like that, Things would look alot classier, even though everyone hates the evil sprawl.

I have to say monument signs are much much classier than the typical suburban ones. Out here in Arizona, the cities are very tight about what they will allow in terms of developement, all the signs are monument style, be they fast food or service stations. The buildings are so tightly coded too. If they would have taken strides to regulate places like Alpine TWP. like that, Things would look alot classier, even though everyone hates the evil sprawl.

But Arizona is the haven for sprawl, and "engineered" cities. I guess you get some good, and some bad I suppose :P

kendal.jpg

My oldest just graduated from Kendall. Guess it doesn't mean much from the outside.

*shrug*

stcece.jpg

Yeah. I wish we'd sent him to the school with THAT greeting. About as tasteful and attractive as the Ionia Correctional Facility's.

Hey - an opinion is an opinion is an opinion :whistling:

I think both are decent looking... they're just two completely different styles.

Has anyone noticed the Hillmount sign at Cherry and College? It is a stainless steel sign with raised letters. I think that it is impressive.

One sign that I hate is the Van Andel Arena sign and any other LED changeable sign.

Has anyone noticed the Hillmount sign at Cherry and College? It is a stainless steel sign with raised letters. I think that it is impressive.

I LOVE the new Hillmont sign. It's very eyecatching. Almost anything in stainless steel looks classy.

I like the Hillmount sign too. I don't mind the VAI sign. What's wrong with it?

133094523_d634cf2d17_b.jpg

VAI sign is pretty decent, too. Where's the Hillmount sign located at? I'm on Leonard right now DT is just a hop and a skip away

VAI sign is pretty decent, too. Where's the Hillmount sign located at? I'm on Leonard right now DT is just a hop and a skip away

Cherry & College (?)

Be careful typing while walking (or driving).

Oh no lol I got my pc set up here at a LAN center on leonard.. wish i had a laptop tho... i'm not sure if this site would display well on my phone.

I do agree the signs GRPL use for their libraries are hideous. They could at least incorporate some color, instead of the disgusting solid greenish/blackish color.