PROPOSED: Vista Della Torre

• 1 month later...

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

This is not an update on progress or anything like that, but...

It's been bugging me ever since I first saw a render of VDT, but while watching TV last night I finally realized what this big, stupid, clumsy-looking, giant block of a building reminded me of:

klausen_tron.jpg

It's a faux-Italian version of the 'Recognizers' from Tron. Frankly, I think the resemblance is striking.

This is not an update on progress or anything like that, but...

It's been bugging me ever since I first saw a render of VDT, but while watching TV last night I finally realized what this big, stupid, clumsy-looking, giant block of a building reminded me of:

klausen_tron.jpg

It's a faux-Italian version of the 'Recognizers' from Tron. Frankly, I think the resemblance is striking.

• 3 weeks later...

If the developer can come up with the financing this will be built, eventually. It is not the most breathtaking architectural development we have ever seen but neither was the Old Stone Bank rubics cube or the new RISD museum or many other buildings in the city but we grew to accept them and tollerate them.

Especially if it had night lighting. This may be the next large project to break ground since they already have the permits and zoning variances in place.

If the developer can come up with the financing this will be built, eventually. It is not the most breathtaking architectural development we have ever seen but neither was the Old Stone Bank rubics cube or the new RISD museum or many other buildings in the city but we grew to accept them and tollerate them.

Especially if it had night lighting. This may be the next large project to break ground since they already have the permits and zoning variances in place.

Archived