The French Quarter

NCB

Well, I know I've posted a few French Quarter threads on here already, but this one is a bit different. I tried to fill it with some shots and angles of the French Quarter and the Riverfront nearby that you may not see often. These photos also show more of a quiet side of the Quarter, as I was taking most of these at around 6:30a.m. I also want to apologize for the glare that is in many of the photos, as the sunrise became a problem in some of the photos.

Anyway, here are the photos:

img3185border6gc.jpg

img3193border6ux.jpg

img3194border8li.jpg

Statue dedicated to Jean Baptiste de Bienville, the founder of New Orleans

img3202border2ub.jpg

img3212border1qy.jpg

img3221border1nx.jpg

img3222border8qn.jpg

img3234border9hy.jpg

img3236border1kp.jpg

img3276border5fm.jpg

IMG_3285border.jpg

IMG_3294border.jpg

IMG_3306border.jpg

IMG_3312border.jpg

IMG_3345border.jpg

IMG_3367border.jpg

IMG_3380border.jpg

This was originally the famous pirate Jean Lafitte's blacksmith shop

IMG_3381border.jpg

IMG_3383border.jpg

IMG_3359border.jpg

IMG_3406border.jpg

IMG_3408border.jpg

IMG_3412border.jpg

IMG_3413border.jpg

IMG_3414border.jpg

IMG_3415border.jpg

IMG_3430border.jpg

IMG_3422border.jpg

IMG_3423border.jpg

And that's it! I know these pictures don't really give the architecture and history of the French Quarter justice, but for the most part I was trying to post pictures showing some slightly different views. Also, look for a downtown New Orleans thread to come soon. :thumbsup:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, man... awesome! :) Nobody represents like Nate.

That said...

This is a cool pic. Is that the Louisiana Supreme Court building down the alley? If not, what is it? That's one cool-looking alley photo.

img3193border6ux.jpg

And this is one awesome building... or row of buildings... or whatever it is. It's like one building with multiple facades and a common roof or something. Very different, but very cool.

IMG_3406border.jpg

Thanks guys!

This is a cool pic. Is that the Louisiana Supreme Court building down the alley? If not, what is it? That's one cool-looking alley photo.

img3193border6ux.jpg

The building at the end of the alley is what used to be the Louisiana Customs Building along Canal, but is currently being turned into an Insectarium that along with the Botanical Garden, Aquarium, and Zoo, will be part of the Audubon Nature Institute. The second building in your post is the Royal Bourbon Hotel. The Louisiana Supreme Court building is in the last picture I posted.

Awesome, NCB! One question, though: Where IS everybody?!?

Thanks! Yea I started taking the first pictures at around 6:45am, when most of the city is quiet and just starting to wake up. Which is a great time to get out around the city to take pictures.

Thanks! Yea I started taking the first pictures at around 6:45am, when most of the city is quiet and just starting to wake up. Which is a great time to get out around the city to take pictures.

I agree, on the weekends I really like getting out early and taking pics before a lot of people are up. Of course it's easy for me because I naturally tend to wake up early. :D

Archived