Taste of Charlotte

Bled_man

I was just curious if anyone will be attending Taste of Charlotte this weekend downtown. I am planning on going down with my wife to check it out since we have never been. Has anyone been in the past? If so, how does it work? I know you buy coins and use the coins for samples, but are the samples truly samples in that it is only a tease or is it a good amount of food? No matter, I look forward to going just to walk around downtown a little :shades: .

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be heading there again this year (I should say walking out my front door to it again). Really a great event which I hope to see get larger and larger every year. Different vendors offer different food sizes for different prices. For instance, a "chicken jerk sandwich" runs you about $3-$4, fries about $2-$3. Point being, its not all just samples and you can easily make a full meal out of it. I tend to just graze down the aisles trying a bit of everything and eating way too much. Good bands, a bunch of other crafts, etc., overall a great event. Limited selection of alcohol though, I think they have only two or three choices in beer and two or three choices in wine and only two selling points. Of course you can stop in any restaurant on Tryon and grab a drink though and maybe that has changed since last year.

I'll definitely go. It's a great festival. Last year, I discovered a great vegetarian/Indian/Middle-Eastern restaurant in the University City area that I never would have stumbled upon had they not had a booth at ToC. It's a good way to spend an afternoon and learn about the city's culinary offerings.

Archived