What US and Canadian Cities have the Manhattan like effect by look?

Cotuit, I am curious having been to both NYC and Pittsburgh many times, you don't see the two (downtown Pgh vs. Midtown NYC) having any street-level or density similarities? San Francisco I can see, Chicago though is a bit too spread out for my comparison to NYC, almost park like compared to mid-town.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Orleans doesn't look like Manhattan if you're comparing skylines, but in terms of overall density, the downtown area and the French Quarter are very dense and go up several stories. Overall, the city is not Manhattan-like, but when you're downtown or in the French Quarter, it's very dense and it may be the most urban like area in the south, in terms of feel. Very little space along the streets, all of the buildings are abutting and they are all several stories. I'm not saying one might think they are in Manhattan when they are on Canal or in the immediate vicinity, but the question was not "where might someone think they were in Manhattan?". The only place someone would think they were in Manhattan is in Manhattan.

4297910_1.jpg

100_0029.jpg

istockphoto_201608_new_orleans_french_quarter.jpg

NewOrleans50.jpg

neworleans.jpg

neworleans3.jpg

neworleans-fq1.jpg

Archived