Alternative Fuel Station now open in Southern Pines

Jerseyman4

Thanks to car dealer Bill Smith at Ford-Lincoln-Mercury on SW Broad Street/aka Old US 1 for opening up the ALT fuel station! Dont forget, Ford is making many of its vehicles E85 ready in the near future. More from the article

I caught three things that Erronous 14 Carolina said in the article:

Its US Highway 1, not NC Highway 1. They could of said it was on SW Broad St off US 1 but oh well, nobody is perfect.

Sand Hills is spelled, Sandhills.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to car dealer Bill Smith at Ford-Lincoln-Mercury on SW Broad Street/aka Old US 1 for opening up the ALT fuel station! Dont forget, Ford is making many of its vehicles E85 ready in the near future. More from the article

I caught three things that Erronous 14 Carolina said in the article:

Its US Highway 1, not NC Highway 1. They could of said it was on SW Broad St off US 1 but oh well, nobody is perfect.

Sand Hills is spelled, Sandhills.

I've already filled up my Jetta twice with B20, and one tank of E10 in my Pathfinder.

I can't believe they opened a a station like this, in my area. I'd expect something like this in a larger market

I see where the gas station is located... right before the Shell at Morganton Road. Its ACROSS from Bill Smith. News 14 really shows crappy video coverage of this place cause i had no clue at first where it was!

Filth, if its possible, please get photos of the gas station :)

I see where the gas station is located... right before the Shell at Morganton Road. Its ACROSS from Bill Smith. News 14 really shows crappy video coverage of this place cause i had no clue at first where it was!

No problem, I'll try to get some tonight.

I had a dream last night driving on Broad Street on the way to Broad St grill to go otu for a night of drinking and we had to stop at the Ethanol gas station across from Bill Smith to fill up. The price for a gallon was .99 cents for B85! Maybe the prices reflected that i must of been in high school back then hahahahhaha. Yea, my dream didnt have a drinking age probably :rofl:

The dream must of been that im also optimistic that if enough stations open up in the country that it will reduce the demand of oil thus the price for a barrel of oil will start going down (i doubt 99 cent a gallon gas will ever come back). I already can picture this place and i havent seen it yet just by looking at the News 14 Carolina video coverage!

Gnomad,

the prices as of May 25th were:

2.79 for E10

2.72 for E85

2.85 for B20 (bio diseal)

Today according to gasbuddy on the Southern Pines general area that is selling the ALT fuels mentioned above, its 2.73 (reg) so perhaps, the prices above could be lower for the ALT fuels.

Here are a couple of pictures one from the west and the other from the north. The gas prices in the picture on Saturday are:

E10 2.75

E85 2.69

B20 2.79

The pumps closest to the road are selfserve, but the B20 self serve pump doesn't work yet.

The pumps closest to the building are fullserve, all full serve pumps work.

20060604027.jpg

20060604029.jpg

Thanks sooooooooooo much! :D

The first pic is Broad facing the Morganton Road bridge. The 2nd pic is Broad at Morganton leavign downtown Southern Pines (if anyone cares). How much is regular (average) gas as of that date Filth? Just curious of the price difference. Typically, most places run about the same price.

Off topic, the 2nd pic where the PT Cruiser is making a left, that used to be A&P Supermarket. Funny how there allover NJ but used to be in some places in NC at one time. :silly:

^Let me guess for the 2.74 one

Kangaroo at the intersection of US 1 and Saunders Blvd? The po-lice love to hang out there, thats for sure :rofl:

Close but just down the street in front of Gatelinx. I think it's a Qualitymart? or Qualitysomthing.

• 3 months later...

Wow, there are even more gas stations offering/will be offering E85, including Bill Clark Cadilliac! Here are some of the additional Pinehurst-Southern Pines locations listed below. Click the link here for all of the other NC locations:

America's Fuel

801 SW Broad Street

Southern Pines, 28387

This was the Ethanol Station that began this topic

Clark Cadillac & Chevrolet

35 Dundee Road

Pinehurst, 28374

Tommy's Crown

7941 Highway 15-501

Pinehurst, 28374

Archived