Is this building included on any of the hi-rise lists?

beerbeer

I think it was originallly called the Xerox Building. It's across I-84 from the Hastings. It looks to be 14-18 floors tall which makes it 150-200 feet tall. I looked at lists of Hartford Buildings and never seem to see it listed. Anyone have any info on it?

Hartford-2.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This building was originally part of the whole Park Place Towers complex. The entire area between Capitol Ave. and I-84 was going to be developed into a new neighborhood - high rise apartments, townhomes, office space and hotels were all part of the plan back in the 1980's. As we all know, the market crashed and only two towers, some townhouses, this office building and the nursing home on Laurel were built.

Xerox originally occupied it, but now it is home to the IRS.

This building was originally part of the whole Park Place Towers complex. The entire area between Capitol Ave. and I-84 was going to be developed into a new neighborhood - high rise apartments, townhomes, office space and hotels were all part of the plan back in the 1980's. As we all know, the market crashed and only two towers, some townhouses, this office building and the nursing home on Laurel were built.

Xerox originally occupied it, but now it is home to the IRS.

It would be nice to create the proposed neighborhood now since the market is in better condition. Besides twoer residential downtown, Hartford needs to create more livable neighborhoods and this is in prime location.

Isn't that the so called sick building? The one the state employees were protesting saying it was making them sick. I hope they have things straightened out over there, because people were almost talking like it was time to abandon that building a while back.

Emporis does an awful job with that list. It has the capitol as the 7th tallest bulding and the heights are missin for most of ths list.

hey, that's nothing bad... the state house in providence is one of the top 10 (not taht we have a ton of tall buildings) and city hall in philly is their 8th tallest (and it's taller than hartford's tallest, surprisingly enough).

Archived