Downtown St. Petersburg

bobliocatt

This city of 250,000 always gets overshadowed by its bigger brother across the Bay. In reality it the home to one of the most vibrant downtowns in the South. Here are a couple of pics I came across on www.stpete.org's website.

Bank of America - the city's tallest....for now

021303.jpg

Bankers Insurance Tower

110701.jpg

Snell Arcade

042101.jpg

Southtrust Bank

013001.jpg

Florencia Condos

011001.jpg

The historic Vinoy Hotel

121000.jpg

The Kress Building

020301.jpg

Progress Energy Park

021903a.jpg

aerial view looking east

022403.jpg

closer aerial

082100.jpg

people love their boats in St. Pete

030303.jpg

one more aerial looking west

091302.jpg

a bird's eye view of downtown

012403.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I was in downtown St Pete last weekend and was very impressed - in several places they has streets blocked off with booths set up and vendors selling art (paintings), food and more. Leading into downtown, banners were flying to advertise another major activity (something to do with sailing, I think). I drove around viewing all of this activity and tried to imagine this with all of the proposed buildings up in a few years, only increasing the activity and participation. Wow. What a beautiful scene. What the city has done to develop downtown is very impressive. The future is bright for downtown St Pete. Forget the green benches, this isn't your Daddy's city any more.

Archived