Favorite places to eat, statewide

TenPoundHammer

Oh that's fine dtown. I meant large national chains like Fridays and Applebees. I know there are some local chains like Tony's in Saginaw that are famous for their Steak sandwiches, or Vitale's in Grand Rapids that has great pizza.

oh, mmkay. i was just wondering because thats what my fav pizza place is,The Pizza Company. I think it has a resaurant in Flint, one in Davison, and one in Lapeer.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fishbones in DT Detroit. I like sitting by the sousaphone.

Olive Express on Monroe Center, DT GR.

El Azteco in Lansing. (I am not as fond of the one in East Lansing.)

Meijer gas stations: the 89-cent capuccino (original flavor) and the large popcorn.

Meijer deli roaster chicken, picked up and consumed on the site while sitting in the shade. Chased by a huge bag of crispy Red Globe grapes. Mmmmmmmm......

...also, do any of you ever get opah( i think thats how its spelled) in Greektown? i love that stuff

We always get the flaming saganaki cheese when we take visitors out to eat in Greektown. They love to hear the 'Opa!'

• 2 weeks later...

Clementines - St. Joseph

Ottawa Beach Inn - Holland

Tres Lobos - Holland and Grand Rapids

Kirby Grill - Grand Haven (Their build your own pizza is to kill for)

Chop House - Grand Rapids

Taco Boy - All around Grand Rapids

Sledders - Traverse City

Mighty Fine Pizza - Petoskey (take out only, their square pizzas are great)

City Park Grill - Petoskey

Mitchell Street Pub - Petoskey

Staffords Pier Restaurant - Harbor Springs

The dining room at Shanty Creek Resort near Bellaire

So many more that I could drive to but can't remember the name of.

I, for the first time had reasonably priced Pizzapaplis at DTW airport.....where you can get the small individual pizzas. It's pretty close in taste to the one downtown, but it only cost $5.25 instead of $35.00 or something my friends and I pay for a large when we go there.

Archived