Embassy Suites | 16-stories

eastsider

Blanco Rio Ltd. has plans to build a 16-story Embassy Suites Hotel on a parking lot on Houston Street which will also have frontage on the River Walk. They hope to open the hotel by July 2008.

Plans for the hotel at 125 E. Houston St. include 260 rooms, a restaurant, coffee bar and retail businesses at street and river levels, said Embassy spokeswoman Dawn Ray.

San Antonio Express-News: Embassy Suites may come to River Walk: 16-story hotel envisioned on Houston Street parking lot

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, I saw on the CNBC weekend show about San Antonio having the tallest hotel in the world? They were interviewing that ClearChannel CEO who had a big hand in luring them to SA, even redirecting the river to accomodate them, nice to see another upscale hotel moving it as well!

Nice, I saw on the CNBC weekend show about San Antonio having the tallest hotel in the world? They were interviewing that ClearChannel CEO who had a big hand in luring them to SA, even redirecting the river to accomodate them, nice to see another upscale hotel moving it as well!

Really? I think the tallest Hotel is the Marriott Rivercenter at 38 floors. I seriously think that there are taller hotels than that in the world!! DO you know what brand they said it was goingto be??

It was the CNBC weekend show with Ingrid Vanderveldt a few months ago called "American Made" with San Antonio power broker and Clear Channel founder/CEO Red McCombs.

McCombs litterally stood in his office and pointed to all the skyscrapers in downtown San Antonio and rattled off how he got them to be built in the last 30 years.

http://www.ingridvanderveldt.com/pivot/entry.php?id=26#body

Can't seem to find the quote, but they did say it was the largest something in the country or world. The thing I remember most about it is that they had to redirect the river to build around it. It might have been the largest whatever when completed*. Would love to find a transcript of the show.

Archived