Beautiful & Photogenic Juneau, Alaska

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What city do you live in or suburb?

I live on the very northern edge of the Detroit metro, about 60 miles from the city. It's nothing but sprawl & a few open farm fields that are quickly being turned into subdivisions. There's no notable architecture, just typical American sprawl & poor urban planning.

Luickily I am moving closer to Detroit in the fall. Then I can go downtown & take lots of pics for the forum :).

Allan, thats cool Detroit seems like interesting city and i really hope that things will get better so it can grow and prosper once again and that it can shake off that negative image.

Detroit is a very interesting city. I'm hoping its negative image will eventually fade. But when a city's population goes from 2,100,000 to only 918,000 in only 50 years, the negative image is hard to get rid of. When you add in the race riots & high murder rate, it makes things even worse. Detroit still has the "Murder City" reputation, despite the fact that our murder rate has been cut in half.

^mine too! I think id like to take that cruiseship ride to Juneau up to Anchorage that would be awesome.

Allan, you know what i dont get is why the murder rate is so high there? Is it because theres a lot of gangs, poor people, or drugs? It seems like it has been that way forever.... :(

Allan, you know what i dont get is why the murder rate is so high there? Is it because theres a lot of gangs, poor people, or drugs? It seems like it has been that way forever....  :(

Well there are gangs, poor people, and drugs, so those are the major problems. Unfortunately the majority of people living in the city live in poverty. It is improving, albeit very slowly.

Archived