Funny TV Commericials

Jerseyman4

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comcast does have a few great commercials, I love their one with the two turtles stating how their cable internet was just TOO fast for them . . . heck his middel name is "slow" lol.

The Pennsylania lottery has a pretty good catch now, with Gus the Groundhog imploring us to "keep scratching" showing his big nailed paw :P.

• 4 weeks later...

One of my favorites was this commercial that I think was from Sweden. It was about an oil company and the subject was about making fun of american tourists. Here's how it went-

American tourists are on a bus with the tour guide and bus driver. The tour guide tells them to look to their right because there's something historic in their nation that they're coming upon, the Americans are uninterested until one of them yells out "IS THAT A 7-11?! LOOK EVERYONE IT'S A 7-11!" They all start cheering and snapping photos. Then the tour guide mentions another historical thing that they're coming upon, the Americans are uninterested until another one shouts out "IS THAT A MCDONALDS?! LOOK EVERYONE IT'S A MCDONALDS!" Cheers are given and photos are taken. Then the bus driver tells the tour guide that they need to pull into a station to refuel, so the guide informs the Americans that they are going to pull into the (oil company name) station to refuel. One of the Americans ask "(Oil company name) is that American?" The tour guide looks over at the driver who gives him a wink and a slight nod. The tour guide says "Yes it is American"

YAY! YIPPEE! YEEHAW!

I love the new Dairy Queen Blizzard commercial where the guy is on the plane and the dude next to him starts eating his blizzard while he puts his bag in the overhead compartment, and then drops it on some lady's head twice as he tries to get his blizzard back. Hilarious to me at least, since it seems like something I would do.

The Caveman Geico commercials were the best.

Those were good, my dad totally missed the joke about them.

For those that don't get it- No matter what you say there's always someone that will get offended. There could be a Ford commercial where they mention a cyclops and sure enough a cyclops will be there at the office complaining.

Love the Nationwide "Life comes at you fast" campaign, especially their Super Bowl commercials with Fabio and the kid that grows up on the swing (only to be a big doofus).

I like the Slowskys too for Comcast.

They still run the For Eyes commercials with the Balky-look-alike snob salesman. I love the ones where the granny hits him with her cane and the guy pulls out some kung-fu on him.

Dairy Queen usually has good ones. An old one where the baby kicks and headbutts his father while strapped to him. And lately the guy in the plane trying to put his luggage up while a passenger keeps eating his Blizzard.

I had a whole list on another site on funny commercials, but I am drawing a blank on others I like at the moment. Maybe I'll come back and post some "oldies."

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the caveman commericials. Me and my freinds always cracked up over that one. Some of the Starbucks commercials are funny too me. The identiy theft ones are hilarious tho. Also I forget the company but it's theme is to control your enviorment or something. They have someone tell people what to do like beat some one up or hump the pony for entertainment. Its so funny.

• 1 month later...

I'm such a subversive---I like the Life Alert commercials:) It is sooooooooooo cheesy, that it's fun! Especially the part where a frail looking older woman with a hospital ID bracelet says "I owe my life to it." And at the same time, her scruffy old hubbie is grinning and leering beside her. The old coot was just happy because his wife was out of the hospital and back in bed with him! lol And then the commercial ends with Dr. Everett Koop sitting at the ugliest set in TV commercial history to endorse Life Alert. Everett must have really needed the money.

It's from 20 years ago, but does anyone remember Craftmatic Bed commercials? The one where they implored you to write off for their catalog and they would give you a "free camera". It shows three quick second-long snippets of people saying "I got my free camera!" "So did I!" but the last shot was of an obviously New Jersey gal who says "Me too!" in the most nasal voice imaginable! The commercial was so famous in Florida at the time, people went around saying "I got my free camera" to be silly:)

The Skittles commercial with the singing rabbit. The guy trades his singing rabbit for a bag of Skittles, then the guy who now has the rabbit is kept up by the rabbit's singing and he goes with the rabbit in the rain to the guy who has the Skittles' house. He watches the guy eating his Skittles, the rabbit bites him and runs away. Weird... but funny. Probably a nnoying too.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone else overanalyzed the Burger King "Sponge Bob No-Pants" commerical? From the wife looking down with that look to just the word "sponge"... what was BK thinking?

Archived