Tiffany Souers

Greenville

I am sure you guys have heard about Tiffany Sours, the Clemson University student who was murdered in her apartment. Although it is not related to economic development, I am posting this here because Clemson is in our metro area, and her death has deeply affected a lot of us in the Clemson family (and hence, in the Greenville area). In addition, her death has been national news. Fox News had a reporter in Greenville outside the Law Enforcement Center yesterday. Tiffany was well liked by her friends and peers, and was taking summer school to work toward her engineering degree and continue her involvement with an Easley-based charity. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the nation is mourning her death as well. The Greenville News has a nice tribute article on her life, which allows us to understand that no matter how much we enjoy life, it is so fragile and short. My experience with Clemson University has been that it seems to attract great individuals like Tiffany.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...EWS01/606040319

On a side note, my Greenville News from Friday was getting passed around a Smokey Bones in Tyngsboro, MA this weekend. It really brought up a lot of concern up there, considering it was just next to UMass Lowell, and the people up there, both parents and students seem to be genuinely concerned about this case.

Jerry Buck Inman is the wanted suspect in this murder case. He has tattoos all over his body, and shaved head. His 1990 Blazer is red and silver with Tennesee plate. He has a 1997 green Camaro with Tennessee plate, and a 1985 Ford Econoline van with Tennessee plate. He is already a registered sex offender and is considered armed and extremely dangerous. His recent work history is in the Construction industry.

Call 800-442-2746 ext. 2

My last two years at Clemson, not only did I live in the Reserve but I lived in the same exact apartment building as her. Kind of creepy.

Indeed. A friend of mine lives in that building now. Its definately weird to see it on the national news.

Now they are reporting that the suspect visited his mother today in Tennessee. She contacted the Greenville News a short time ago to say that he visited her, and had no idea that he was wanted in connection with the case. It probably won't be long until they get this guy...

I hope they've got their man, though. :unsure:

I remember some poor guy was arrested and his life ruined over the 5 muders at the University of Florida that he had nothing to do with back in 1990 while the real murderer (Danny Rolling) was still running loose.

Because of that, I'm not so quick to rush to judgement over something like this; however, he did go into custody awfully quietly, so I will hope and pray that they've got evidence which supports the warrant and arrest.

I am confident this is indeed our killer. He left 3 positive DNA samples at the scene of the crime (including on the body), which was the reason they nabbed him so quickly. Plus, he had just attempted rape in Alabama and Tennessee a couple days prior to the Central homicide incident. This all came after a few other criminal sexual offences over a decade ago. This man is the epitomy of EVIL. I hope he never again sees the light of day without wearing a straight jacket. :angry:

Now they are reporting that this creep has admitted to committing the Tiffany Souers murder, as well as the crimes in Tennessee and Alabama only a few days prior. By all indications, he ended up in South Carolina randomly while casually driving around looking for his next target.

I think I am most happy for Tiffany's family. They have been wonderful throughout this ordeal, being quite generous with their time to interview on countless television shows and with numerous news reporters. I know that their lives have been turned upside down, and hopefully the news that their daughter's killer has been caught will give them some sense of closure. I pray that they will continue to rely upon their faith in God and on their family members for support.

Amazing that this creep was in jail in NC for what was supposed to be 20-30 years and in Florida for what was supposed to be 35 years since he was 17? years old. Somehow I thought this guy still had another 25 years to go before he could kill again. And Tiffany wasn't his first out of the slammer they said that he had two complaints against him by two other women that he was pyscho man. Those two women must be thanking their lucky stars right now, realizing how serious their situations really were with this madman. When are we going to grow up in this country and lock people away for the 35 years they got from a Fla. judge or the 30 years they got from a NC judge!

Archived