What is all this talk about World Class Cities?

In North Carolina forum there is a topic on Which city will be a World Class City. Everyone keeps saying cities like Raleigh, Wilmington, and Asheville. They are all great cities. But lets face it Charlotte has the best chance. I mean you kinda have to laugh at that. All of those cities don't have barley any major leage teams. Two of them don't even have a metro population near 1 million, nor do they have a nor do they have that many major headquarters. Charlotte does have far to go until we become one. Raleigh is known for its universities. Asheville is known for toursim. And Wilmington is known for its history. What Charlotte needs is to host the summer olympics.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went over and read the thread. Interesting....

Just in case it is missed on that thread, I'll repost here: the research bulletin for GaWC. If we look at the criteria in more detail, we can see where Charlotte is and where it needs to go without delving into meaningless criteria like Charlotte's banking status*.

BTW, didn't you start a thread like this a few months ago?

*While banking is important to Charlotte and this country, unless they do more business outside the U.S. it doesn't matter for the purposes of the list.

In North Carolina forum there is a topic on Which city will be a World Class City. Everyone keeps saying cities like Raleigh, Wilmington, and Asheville. They are all great cities. But lets face it Charlotte has the best chance. I mean you kinda have to laugh at that. All of those cities don't have barley any major leage teams. Two of them don't even have a metro population near 1 million, nor do they have a nor do they have that many major headquarters. Charlotte does have far to go until we become one. Raleigh is known for its universities. Asheville is known for toursim. And Wilmington is known for its history. What Charlotte needs is to host the summer olympics.

Why not just respond in that thread instead of starting a new one to complain about that one? :dontknow:

Archived