Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

Adesso

163 posts in this topic

Since this project is officially under construction, I just thought I'd give it its own thread.

I guess we will be busy posting pictures on here as the developers are wasting no time. The old structures are already torn down and they are clearing away the debris.

Yes, that's definitely one of the higher-end condo projects downtown. I took this last Sunday:

adessoconstruction.jpg

I rode down that area this weekend. I was suprise how the developer wasn't wasting any time to begin. I have one question. Is this the project that we were told to keep an eye on south of main.You know the one everybody was hoping would be a residential tower????

From that picture it looks as though the view will be quite amazing! :w00t:

They have some interior renderings of the clubhouse, lobby, and workout room. Looks like it will be nice but very traditional. They also have floorplans and other info on their website

adesso-columbia.com

Yeah, it seems to be upscale, yet conservative. I think it's smart for the developers to play it safe, being that this is a first of a kind.

This thing really moved along fast though. It was first announced on Feb. 16, and they broke ground on May 30. It would be nice if everything in Columbia moved that fast.

I want the next condo project planned for Columbia to look like 1101 K Street in Washington, DC:

1101kst.jpg

Now, THAT'S a cutting-edge design. From what EM tells us, the Kline project will certainly gives us something to be giddy about.

I want the next condo project planned for Columbia to look like 1101 K Street in Washington, DC:

1101kst.jpg

Now, THAT'S a cutting-edge design. From what EM tells us, the Kline project will certainly gives us something to be giddy about.

EM better be careful about getting our hopes up. You know how urban geeks get when they're disappointed about something.

Right, and I'm out there running across things thinking, "Oooh, it should look like this!" :)

I hear ya, Krazee. I've got my $5 in lottery tickets for tonight, although a $20 million jackpot wouldn't build anything too spectacular. I do really like the renderings for Adesso and Lofts at Printers Square. I'm ready to see what they look like when completed.

The Lofts at Printer's Square looks like a miniature Hanging Gardens of Babylon type thing. The rendering I saw does look pretty cool.

Its weird to not have Addams there anymore. I am amazed by how much the city, specifically the area around USC has changed in the past year. Five Points, Sumter, Pickens, Main and even Assembly streets in the USC vicinity hardly look the same. Its exciting times to be in Columbia :)

Yeah, the bookstore was definitely a landmark. Everything coming to the area is for the better though.

True^

Thanks for posting those pictures BTW.

OK, I'm not sure how they got my name and address (I promise you I don't), but Holder Properties, the company that's developing Adesso, sent me an invitation in the mail for the launching of Adesso on Thursday, July 20 from 7-9pm in the lobby of Meridian. There will be heavy hors d'ourves, a full bar, and live jazz. They will have a model in place. I know I won't be able to make that (or afford one of the units), but it's cool I got an invite.

OK, I'm not sure how they got my name and address (I promise you I don't), but Holder Properties, the company that's developing Adesso, sent me an invitation in the mail for the launching of Adesso on Thursday, July 20 from 7-9pm in the lobby of Meridian. There will be heavy hors d'ourves, a full bar, and live jazz. They will have a model in place. I know I won't be able to make that (or afford one of the units), but it's cool I got an invite.

I'm glad to see that at least one of us on here is on the "A-list" in order to keep the rest of us informed! The only lists I'm on are the ones where they ask for money.

:P

Someone needs to go and snap some pictures :)

Someone needs to go and snap some pictures :)

Just be careful snapping pictures. A guy in the Charlotte Forum snapped some shots of the proposed Wachovia HQ Uptown, the Charlotte Observer saw it on UP, ran an article, and the entire site exceed bandwith when the article ran.