Adesso

krazeeboi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree that the rendering looks much better, but I'll wait for the final product. It seems like the windows in the rounded corners are smaller and not as close together as the rendering shows. :unsure: I wish there was more glass and less beige. It seems like all the buildings in that area are the same color, Adesso, Courtyard by Mariott, Horizon I, Strom Wellness Center, the Law School, and the future honors dorm. Kind of boring, but I like the density it'll add to that intersection.

Buildings like Adesso are a dime a dozen in San Francisco. That look struck me as unique when I visited in April. While I wouldn't want a large part of Columbia to look that way, if you think of that corner as the Cisco district it works. I have always said you can see touches of lots of different types of cities in Columbia. I for one love the columns. Also, when they scrape the stickers off all the windows and put on the rest of the finishing touches, it is going to make a lot of difference.

I agree that the rendering looks much better, but I'll wait for the final product. It seems like the windows in the rounded corners are smaller and not as close together as the rendering shows. :unsure: I wish there was more glass and less beige. It seems like all the buildings in that area are the same color, Adesso, Courtyard by Mariott, Horizon I, Strom Wellness Center, the Law School, and the future honors dorm. Kind of boring, but I like the density it'll add to that intersection.

Buildings like Adesso are a dime a dozen in San Francisco. That look struck me as unique when I visited in April. While I wouldn't want a large part of Columbia to look that way, if you think of that corner as the Cisco district it works. I have always said you can see touches of lots of different types of cities in Columbia. I for one love the columns. Also, when they scrape the stickers off all the windows and put on the rest of the finishing touches, it is going to make a lot of difference.

Yeah, and like I always say, I'll withhold my final opinion until its complete. Perhaps the paint is just a base layer or something. And clearly there are architectural details yet to be added. Like you said, the density and quality urbanity that is being brought to the corner will likely outshine any poor color choices.

Thats true, but this isn't San Francisco. You can find this style of building in pretty much any large city in the nation as it is fairly standard. Whats good is that its setting a decent bar for Columbia's other developers to follow.

Thanks for the updates! You've outdone yourself.

I actually like the columns. We don't see many buildings in Columbia with columns like that at the bottom. Of course, I don't like that the building is just another shade of tan. Maybe they will darken it some before it is finished?

I also don't like the rounded corners because the windows are too small.

The building looks really nice farther apart but hopefully it will look better closer as well when it is finished.

From your earlier comments I took it that, while you are reserving your final judgment, you want a higher bar than you feel Adesso represents thus far. And neither is this New York, but I glimpse New York-like scenes in Columbia's urban core at Main and Washington and Main and Hampton all the time, partly because of some of the buildings' texture and partly because of the vibe at certain times. One of the main things I love about Columbia is that it has its own look while certain spots remind me of some of America's most well known cities, including Washington, D.C.

Ok, Adesso officially looks great. I rode through there this morning and I love it. My partner agrees. I admit I was worried that the lightest-toned beige was bordering on pinkish, and I wasn't thrilled about it. But they either changed the color or the second coat toned it down, and I think it flows nicely; and the black accent coming from the iron balcony railings is setting it off. The darker beige breaks everything up as well. Optimally, the Morman headquarters will find a new home and another building will fill in the Blossom-Assembly corner to further urbanize that area.

Archived