Adesso

krazeeboi

That probably wouldn't happen here, as we already know what Adesso will look like. The Wachovia project was more "top secret" and the Charlotteans were pulling their hair out to know what it looked like ahead of time. I'd imagine the same would happen here if a tower of significant size was proposed, yet renderings were delayed by months.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That probably wouldn't happen here, as we already know what Adesso will look like. The Wachovia project was more "top secret" and the Charlotteans were pulling their hair out to know what it looked like ahead of time. I'd imagine the same would happen here if a tower of significant size was proposed, yet renderings were delayed by months.

Like the Kline project? EM, where are those renderings? Taps foot.......

I did not, but I heard that interest has been so intense that they're actually going to hold a lottery for the units. You would submit your name and the type of unit you want and if your name is drawn...

Hopefully all of the idiots on The State's website will see that and wonder why they ranted about how noone in Columbia would pay those prices for a condo. Adesso is going to be awesome and it's just the beginning.

I did not, but I heard that interest has been so intense that they're actually going to hold a lottery for the units. You would submit your name and the type of unit you want and if your name is drawn...

Wow, that's awesome. Do I smell another residential development being proposed? :shades:

So do I. From the website, it seems as though Columbia was their test market as far as residential development is concerned as I haven't seen any other cities in which they've done any type of residential. Couple Adesso's success with that of Meridian, and I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys propose a mixed-use tower for Columbia in the near future.

So do I. From the website, it seems as though Columbia was their test market as far as residential development is concerned as I haven't seen any other cities in which they've done any type of residential. Couple Adesso's success with that of Meridian, and I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys propose a mixed-use tower for Columbia in the near future.

You are correct, Krazee; Adesso is Holder's first residential development. With them having to hold a lottery to see who can actually buy a unit it appears they will need to build their second residential project in Columbia very soon. How about a 40 story residential tower on Senate Street to complement the other condo towers already there?

It's time for them to get together with SCANA and do a 33-story mixed-use solar energy tower on Sumter Street.

You are correct, Krazee; Adesso is Holder's first residential development. With them having to hold a lottery to see who can actually buy a unit it appears they will need to build their second residential project in Columbia very soon. How about a 40 story residential tower on Senate Street to complement the other condo towers already there?

If I am not mistaken they are trying to buy the lower half of that block, the part that currently is occupied by the Morman Church. I think it is an administrative office.

• 1 month later...

They need to stop playing in the dirt and build something already. I wanna see some steel and concrete. :D

I agree. I'm not in the contruction business so really don't know what I'm talking about, but it sure does seem like they push dirt around for a LONG time before they actually BUILD anything. I've thought the same with the Horizon block at Innovista. And at Canalside, I drive by that twice a day, and I SWEAR they are pushing the same pile of dirt from one end of it to the other. :)

I agree. I'm not in the contruction business so really don't know what I'm talking about, but it sure does seem like they push dirt around for a LONG time before they actually BUILD anything. I've thought the same with the Horizon block at Innovista. And at Canalside, I drive by that twice a day, and I SWEAR they are pushing the same pile of dirt from one end of it to the other. :)

We wouldn't want what they build to sink or fall over because the ground in unsteady. They have alread driven some big steel pillars into the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived