Adesso

krazeeboi

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

You make a good point regarding proximity to the university. Also, I've read that some of these developments in Minneapolis are on the pedestrian-unfriendly fringes of downtown, which will make a significant difference in terms of sustaining retail.

SoPe?

Actually, I think that "South Main" has its own distinctive ring to it. That name distinguishes it from Main Street in the CBD and North Main. When I hear South Main in Columbia, I think about all of the things you all menitoned before... USC science/law buildings, all the various restaurants, awesome view of the state house, etc.

SoMa sounds like some sort of cancer.

Regarding the Addesso, some friends of mine that live in the Hermitage (I think that's the name, it is on King Sreet) got a mailer from the Addesso, advertising the benefits and asking them to come takea look. Their response was, "Oh, please. It is only six stories." I was kinda shocked, but I guess size does matter to some.

SoMa sounds like some sort of cancer.

Regarding the Addesso, some friends of mine that live in the Hermitage (I think that's the name, it is on King Sreet) got a mailer from the Addesso, advertising the benefits and asking them to come takea look. Their response was, "Oh, please. It is only six stories." I was kinda shocked, but I guess size does matter to some.

The Heritage

Greek050.jpg

About 3 years ago The Heritage was at the center of a special investigation by WLTX, becuase minority shoppers felt that they were victiums regarding race and discrimination, and when white buyers where told that the building is a great place and that no "bad" people are in the building. Heritage resident and realtor Anne Bryant indicated that race played a role in determining who was able to live in the building. The BBB has her realtor licence revoked and fined the Hertiage.

Archived