Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD

Forum is Dieing!

19 posts in this topic

comon, i dont wanna see a stagnent forum, we need some stuff to talk about.....

Im mostly mad because Plaza tower isnt going anywhere, they have been preparing the ground for so many months........ no action

We don't need to start new threads to address the lack of activity in the forum. Instead of starting this thread, why not bring up the Plaza Tower thread and talk about how the project doesn't appear to be going anywhere to you? There are a number of other topics that sit unaddressed that you could have responses to. I respond when there is something to respond to, often I check and I'm the last to post on things, so I have nothing to discuss further, which is why I haven't been very active lately.

But we don't need to start new threads to talk about how slow our discussions are, thats what the TallySheet is for, that what the specific threads are for, to address any thoughts you may have on that topic and TallySheet is for all things in general.

I'm sorry I haven't been as active lately. From time to time I participate in discussions in the Nashville forum (mostly when my city is brought up in discussion) but sadly I've become mostly a forum lurker at Urban Planet lately.

That said it may just be the emergence of summer that has quieted things down here a bit. Summer seems to have that effect in a lot of areas of life. It may also be that we're just in a less active cycle in terms of urban development in Tallahassee.

That said it may just be the emergence of summer that has quieted things down here a bit. Summer seems to have that effect in a lot of areas of life. It may also be that we're just in a less active cycle in terms of urban development in Tallahassee
Bingo for me!

Summer: I'd much rather enjoy that it doesn't get dark until 9pm in the yard, at the beach or just running around doing errands than sit inside at the computer. Winter: often chilly, grey and gets dark at 5:30pm, so I definitely stay inside more at the computer.

Maybe not that many new large projects are happening around town, but w/all the cranes around (FSU), the road widening and the construction I see, things don't seem to be slowing down that much.

Also I like what Smiley said....go get'em Smiley!

Who is Smiley!?

I believe it is you. :P

On a somewhat related topic, it bugs me that TallahasseeDowntown cannot spell properly. It's one of my major pet-peeves.

lol!! Our buddy CSMurphy has a slight spelling problem too, but I think its his artistic style. I hadn't really picked up on TD's spelling errors. I know I've slipped from time to time also.

lol!! Our buddy CSMurphy has a slight spelling problem too, but I think its his artistic style. I hadn't really picked up on TD's spelling errors. I know I've slipped from time to time also.

dude, do u want a ban? dont attack people on the board.. I spell well. its the internet, im not carefully writing and spell checking my posts like you jpl, if you have a problem with it, hold it in.

dude, do u want a ban? dont attack people on the board.. I spell well. its the internet, im not carefully writing and spell checking my posts like you jpl, if you have a problem with it, hold it in.

Geez, can't ya take a joke! Lighten up here :P

Any update on Adams Street Lofts ???

i haven't heard much about this project lately ....

Only thing I can tell you about the Adams Street lofts is they are now starting in the high 100s, last I checked 189,000 up. No visable activity from the outside, but Michael Mastry has put signs around the building. That's as of Sunday.

As far as TallahasseeDowntown is concerned, please lighten up. It would be equally justifiable to threaten you for starting a thread like this. We're all here to enjoy ourselves, no one cares how well we spell. I was picking on myself and CSMurphy just so you wouldn't be out there as the only one who makes a spelling error from time to time.

As far as TallahasseeDowntown is concerned, please lighten up. It would be equally justifiable to threaten you for starting a thread like this. We're all here to enjoy ourselves, no one cares how well we spell. I was picking on myself and CSMurphy just so you wouldn't be out there as the only one who makes a spelling error from time to time.

You tell'em Smiley! :D

And TallyD a word of wisdom from someone who is older: No one likes a tattle-tale or a hypocrite.

TallyD while this thread may not have been the formally the best idea, it sure has gotten this place to popping again. Whether or not that was your objective, it was a good idea buddy! Thanks.

I actually enjoyed this thread. I kinda showed every one's personality good or bad a little bit!! Lets me know that every one on here is not just a bunch of dead beats and are alive a little.. and I mean that in a good way. I really enjoy this forum and I have forwarded it to a lot of people all over the state of Florida so I have probably generated a good deal of circulation. I would have to agree with a few on here when they say that he forums have picked up some lately more than usually. Good thing too because when a forum is stagnate for a while it tend to lose customers. So by TD bringing it up where every one can see it, the forum will generate some traffic the good the bad and the ugly!! :thumbsup: I will be thinking of every one while in south beach this weekend!!

P.S. This post was spelled checked by "Google Toolbar"... lol :rofl:

lol.

What do you mean "just a bunch of dead beats"? Is that what you thought of us before this ol nasty thread was created?

:D

Drove through downtown Tally Sunday and was impressed by the changes, seeing as how my last drive-through was, oh, five years ago.

But, Jeez! Can't they slap a coat of paint on the Capitol bldg ? I mean the highrise part.

The building is constructed of Limestone, and is unpainted, but it is pressure washed from time to time.

But if it could be painted, what color would you paint it?

The building is constructed of Limestone, and is unpainted, but it is pressure washed from time to time.

Bright blue with hot pink shutters.

Orange and Blue. ;)

Sedriously, if I had my druthers I'd tear it down and start over. The original is a beaut, however.