Gay Marriage Issue = Political Pandering

MJLO

Are you serious! "Gays are not hurting anyone" HUH!! The little things are the problems that have destroyed the quality of this country. When they started talking that little kids should be talked to and treated like little adults. And now you have a country of back talking disrespectful youths. Hey she's should have a right to privacy in her room and no parents are allowed to go in until they ask. And now you have kids doing more drugs then before and other harmful things. Hey you have the right to express yourself in anyway you want. And now they don't know where to end and where to beginning. And that can cause harm to them physically.

So what I'm saying is a major lie started of as little white lies. So fix the problem before it happens. Gays getting married is another confusion for the younger kids. NO guy can teach a girl how to be a proper lady. And NO Girl can teach a guy how to be a guy. And I'm speaking in terms of emotionally not physically. Doesn't matter how much they claim "all you need is love". Love is a great component but it's not the beginning or end and it doesn't justify something wrong being right.

While it's true that gay parents may be tough to have as a kid, I don't know if it's necessarily wrong. Kids with gay parents may become thicker skinned as a result of dealing with the teasing. If there is a solid male figure, like an uncle that he sees several times a week, in the life of a boy with "two mommies" that should help a little. It's not natural at all to have a gay couple bring up kids, but neither is keeping grandpa alive with 20 pills for breakfast every morning or giving kids shots. I would never want any of my kids to be gay, but I'd never tell them that when they're growing up as it might send the wrong message especially if one turns out gay.

I agree with you that being gay isn't natural, but it isn't wrong and given that so many people are born gay I'd say that it doesn't affect survival at all except for the obvious reproduction factor. I believe it's a benign mutation or genetic flaw that is comparable to going bald or needing glasses. For centuries gay people got married and left straight lives. Only recently have they become open in such large numbers.

The reason why youths are trying more and more drugs is that drugs are illegal and that's a fact. Legalize drugs and we might go through a transitional period but with society, and most importantly insurance companies and employers, discriminating against abusers who do not seek assistance drug abusers will eventually become fewer and farther between than alcoholics are today.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious! "Gays are not hurting anyone" HUH!! The little things are the problems that have destroyed the quality of this country. When they started talking that little kids should be talked to and treated like little adults. And now you have a country of back talking disrespectful youths. Hey she's should have a right to privacy in her room and no parents are allowed to go in until they ask. And now you have kids doing more drugs then before and other harmful things. Hey you have the right to express yourself in anyway you want. And now they don't know where to end and where to beginning. And that can cause harm to them physically.

Hello, is anybody out there? LOL

This sounds like parents not doing their job IMO. There are too many people in this country who are having children that shouldn't because they are too self centered with their own lives to make the sacrifices to properly raise their children. So when their expectations fall apart, and pills like darvocet and vicodin can't save themselves from their lives, what do they do...? Well blame someone else. I am always amused when people who support bigortry against the Gays in this country, blame their own failures with life on Gays. Given your theory, the social revolutions that occured in the 1960s should have never occured because there was nobody then pushing for Gay rights.

The biggest problem facing families today are not Gay people. It's irresponsible adults making irresponsible decisions with their own lives and then failing to take responsibility for their mistakes. Get back to me when the divorce rate starts going back down and the number of children from broken homes becomes a rare thing again.

So, where do the gays come in? Those problems are caused by poor parenting, and there is no shortage of poor, heterosexual parents.

So what I'm saying is a major lie started of as little white lies. So fix the problem before it happens. Gays getting married is another confusion for the younger kids. NO guy can teach a girl how to be a proper lady. And NO Girl can teach a guy how to be a guy. And I'm speaking in terms of emotionally not physically. Doesn't matter how much they claim "all you need is love". Love is a great component but it's not the beginning or end and it doesn't justify something wrong being right.
So no child should be allowed to grow up in a single-parent household then? If your wife dies, the state shoud take your daughter away to find a proper female role model for her?

Besides, gay marriage is not about children. There are millions of homosexuals living together and raising children, and have been for years. The fact that their "parents" are not married makes not one ounce of diference to these children. The issue is the partners' legal rights.

So i am glad they are saying that it should be between a male and female. Since people don't know when to quit that is why laws are in place. Gays really think it's all about them and it's not. Where there is lack of order there is confusion.

The same sort of statements were used in the past to justify slavery, denying women the right to vote, and any number of other issues. Gays just want to be able to live a normal life. It's the bigots who think giving gays their basic human rights will destroy their own lives who think it's "all about them." If you're not gay, how does gay marriage affect you?

Quote:

"I agree with you that being gay isn't natural, but it isn't wrong and given that so many people are born gay I'd say that it doesn't affect survival at all except for the obvious reproduction factor. I believe it's a benign mutation or genetic flaw that is comparable to going bald or needing glasses. For centuries gay people got married and left straight lives. Only recently have they become open in such large numbers."

Genetic mutation Genetic Flaw?! Come on! Please we don't need people like you trying to "support" this very important civil rights issue.

Being gay may not be the "norm" but it is most certainly a natural variation. There will always be gay individuals and couples and they are part of the wonderful fabric of humanity-life without them would be far less interesting, colorful and well designed.

The anti-gay marriage ammendment will neither protect nor save one straight marriage. It is Fred Phelpisian at its worst and the supporters of this ammendment are just a crazy as his clan.

Quote:

"I agree with you that being gay isn't natural, but it isn't wrong and given that so many people are born gay I'd say that it doesn't affect survival at all except for the obvious reproduction factor. I believe it's a benign mutation or genetic flaw that is comparable to going bald or needing glasses. For centuries gay people got married and left straight lives. Only recently have they become open in such large numbers."

Genetic mutation Genetic Flaw?! Come on! Please we don't need people like you trying to "support" this very important civil rights issue.

Being gay may not be the "norm" but it is most certainly a natural variation. There will always be gay individuals and couples and they are part of the wonderful fabric of humanity-life without them would be far less interesting, colorful and well designed.

The anti-gay marriage ammendment will neither protect nor save one straight marriage. It is Fred Phelpisian at its worst and the supporters of this ammendment are just a crazy as his clan.

How is it not a genetic mutation? Think in terms of evolution, how did homosexuality increase the species chances of survival? I implore you to educate "people like me" or perhaps maybe you could simply shove your foot further into your mouth so I don't have to get worked up listening to your hateful nonsense?

I guess I may have given a false impression that maybe some "evil liberal forces" are swooping in and making people gay by calling it un-natural, but later on I think I made it clear that I believe you are born gay and that it probably is passed down through the parent's genes. I also said that perhaps the number of gays that are around today may have been lower had the societies in the past not discouraged homosexuality and driven gay people into heterosexual relationships and having childrean. It is a natural variation, a flaw just like when you are born with the genes that cause baldness. I don't think being gay is wrong and we should not persecute people for being openly gay, but to call it "natural" in the context that I feel "natural" is just isn't right. It is akin calling being born with extra limbs or with tails natural.

Again, I implore you to disprove my logic. I know homosexuality can be found in nature, but that doesn't mean that homosexuality is beneficial to the survival of a species. Do you really want people who think for themselves like I do and aren't partisan sheep like those who support either party in Washington with great fanaticism to just start supporting the marriage amendment?

Archived