Downtown New Orleans

NCB

Took these on Wednesday in the early morning hours around downtown New Orleans, and thought I'd post them in the New Orleans forum too. The city looks very quiet and and deserted in most of these pictures, but that is because most of them were taken between 6:30-7:30 in the morning, before most of the downtown workforce piles into the city. Downtown is back to being very busy and chaotic during the day as nearly all of the workforce is back, or has been replaced.

IMG_3189border.jpg

img3293bw1hu.jpg

img3438bw1ai.jpg

img3442border7md.jpg

img3450border8kf.jpg

img3451border9iy.jpg

img3455border9tw.jpg

img3459border0dv.jpg

img3463border6jy.jpg

img3467border2gc.jpg

This building is actually being converted into condo's

img3470bw7jb.jpg

img3476bw5oi.jpg

IMG_3483BW.jpg

img3494border3aw.jpg

img3496border4ne.jpg

img3501border7if.jpg

img3506border6iv.jpg

img3509bw0hg.jpg

img3511border2wm.jpg

img3527border2cf.jpg

img3554border2tn.jpg

img3557border1kj.jpg

img3587border0ov.jpg

img3593border7gq.jpg

Charity Hosiptal, this building may not be around much longer

img3596border0js.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Rod, man, you've really gotten good at this. :)

By the way, I believe I've told this story before but I found it to be pretty funny so I'm going to tell it again.

Last March I stayed in the International House Hotel, at the crossroads of the Garden District, French Quarter, and the CBD. One evening I needed to get some money from an ATM and I bank with Hibernia. I asked the Concierge where the nearest Hibernia ATM was and he directed me toward the Hibernia headquarters (which you posted a photo of in this thread.) When I finally arrived at the Hibernia headquarters, I pulled out my trusty Hibernia ATM card and attempted to withdraw cash. The machine was out of order... in the lobby of the bank's headquarters! I wound up finding one down the road in the building Ridgway's is in, and it worked fine.

I'm with Rod, man, you've really gotten good at this. :)

By the way, I believe I've told this story before but I found it to be pretty funny so I'm going to tell it again.

Last March I stayed in the International House Hotel, at the crossroads of the Garden District, French Quarter, and the CBD. One evening I needed to get some money from an ATM and I bank with Hibernia. I asked the Concierge where the nearest Hibernia ATM was and he directed me toward the Hibernia headquarters (which you posted a photo of in this thread.) When I finally arrived at the Hibernia headquarters, I pulled out my trusty Hibernia ATM card and attempted to withdraw cash. The machine was out of order... in the lobby of the bank's headquarters! I wound up finding one down the road in the building Ridgway's is in, and it worked fine.

Thanks, Brian!

And that is a pretty story. A Hibernia ATM not working in the banks' own headquarters. :lol: Of course that building is now the HQ for Capital One, after it picked up Hibernia.

Gees man you're a pro. I have to say though, I hope the Superdome gets its exterior refinished/cleaned. It's oxidized and showing its age. Something needs to be done about it. The dome used to shine, now it looks like my late grandma's old 1978 Buick Park Avenue.

Thanks alot guys! I really appreciate it! :)

Great pics again Nate. Thanks for posting them. I really hope they won't tear down Charity Hospital... :sick: I suppose it's as good as done....

Well Tom, it may not be as good as done after all. For most of 2005 after Katrina, the things we heard most about the Charity Hospital building was the possibility of it being destroyed due to flooding damages, but recently I did get some info that there may be some plans in the works to keep the building up and make good use of it. And after searching around a bit, it seems like the future of the building might be much brighter than we both thought. :thumbsup:

Archived