The River Market

On 7/25/2016 at 4:31 PM, ndark said:

Looks like the David's burgers is finally being done in the food court area. Fencing is up on the outside patio area between it and the police station and they are tearing up the concrete. The fencing has a new David's burgers sign on it. I didn't know they planned to do any renovating to the outside patio area. 

Construction going on. I understand they are going to have a walk-up window for late night service.

lccnUZ.jpg

Since the Clinton Library Park topic is closed I thought I would add this here. A new bridge is being built to allow access to an island in the river just north of the library. The last I read it is suppose to be finished by the end of the year.

nOR1dU.jpg

The island.

9UECS3.jpg

While I was there some of the workers were using the flat bottom boat pictured to get from one side to the other.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SangreRaVen said:

wasn't that a parking area?

-R

I think so.

On 4/19/2016 at 8:54 AM, skirby said:

The old Clinton Store building has been sold to AXPM. It will employ 55 people in the building.

New signs are up but sill working on the interior.

J81MMg.jpg

Edited by skirby

46 minutes ago, SangreRaVen said:

ohhh, another pop up dental office.. yay....

-R

From MT's website: " AXPM was founded in 2012 as a practice management partner for orthodontics offices. Rock Dental Brands is a group of specialty-based dentists who offer pediatric, orthodontic and oral surgery services. It is the parent company of Westrock Orthodontics, Leap Kids Pediatric Dental and Impact Oral Surgery. "  They plan  to employ 55 people on site.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2015 at 1:17 AM, theman said:

Moses Tucker hopes to bring Dust Bowl Lanes and Lounge to the old American Legion Post. It would be owned and operated by The McNellie's group out of Tulsa, which have the concept in Tulsa and OKC. They also want to develop a beer garden and restaurant next door in a building owned by Central Arkansas Water.

The ADG is reporting that redevelopment should start by the first of the year on the Dust Bowl Lanes project.

VFopb0.jpg

Finished design from AMR Architects.

y8HUgG.jpg

Edited by skirby

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 10:03 AM, skirby said:

New signs are up but sill working on the interior.

J81MMg.jpg

When I passed by the other day there was a paper sign on one of the windows dealing with a Native Beer and Malt Beverage  permit. I checked the ABC listing and Zeteo Coffee applied for the permit. Zeteo is a coffee bar out of Conway.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, adman0468 said:

Saw this in the plumbing permits. I assume it's not an In N Out Burger since those usually have a drive-thru, but what is it? It does say it involves food service. It would be near Ten Thousand Villages, I think.

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/planreview/PLUMB/98184.htm

There are some In N Out's without drive-thrus but I would imagine those to be in high-traffic pedestrian areas like the Marina District or Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco.  The Rivermarket isn't on that level.  

Not sure what it could be though.  Is Jerry Barakat opening a take-off of In N Out?  

21 minutes ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

My gut says it'll be a convenience store/bodega of some sort.  It's been tried once before in that spot, but that's also been some years ago.

Agreed, I don't see any chance an In N Out comes to Central Arkansas, especially before the metro even has a Whataburger.

11 minutes ago, Gentileking said:

Agreed, I don't see any chance an In N Out comes to Central Arkansas, especially before the metro even has a Whataburger.

Bentonville has an In N Out. Not saying it will be one but it would be cool. At least we have a David's burger in the river market.

I wonder what kind of retail the new library parking deck will get? Seems like a good spot for a Bar Louie type place. 

1 hour ago, Heartland25 said:

Bentonville has an In N Out. Not saying it will be one but it would be cool. At least we have a David's burger in the river market.

I wonder what kind of retail the new library parking deck will get? Seems like a good spot for a Bar Louie type place. 

Where is this In N Out in Bentonville?  

43 minutes ago, SangreRaVen said:

I do not see a location for anywhere in AR listed on there website but when I searched Google a lot of articles came up mentioning one opening but no listing of one currently open either. 

-R

Sorry I was wrong, could of sworn I read that Bentonville was getting one but I guess it was something else. 

4 hours ago, Heartland25 said:

Bar Louie type, but perhaps not the actual chain, since there's one up the road at McCain Mall.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 0:05 PM, skirby said:

Arkansas Business is running a story that Simmons Bank is interested in the Acxiom Building. Right now their  offices are located in the Simmons  Tower (Metropolitan Tower, TCBY Tower).

Arkansas Business has another story today about the Acxiom Building and Simmons. It reports that Simmons is not only looking at the building but is considering other options, which include remaining as is, relocating to another location or building their own building.