The River Market

• 4 weeks later...

One of the new bike racks at the Rivermarket.

p1030087ke4.jpg

Lunch time at market hall.

p1030135ab1.jpg

The Butler Center with its new water tank.

p1030083ob5.jpg

p1030147ts2.jpg

West side of the Butler Center.

p1030092yk3.jpg

Entry for the Courtyard.

p1030138nf4.jpg

New outdoor patio for Sticky Fingerz in the center of the shot between the red and white buildings.

p1030144hg5.jpg

Edited by skirby

• 2 weeks later...

Rumor has it that Velo Rouge has temporarily closed. Employees are leaving and I think its safe to say that it probably won't come back, and if it did, it wont stay long. That really doesn't surprise me considering their mediocre food and high prices, a combination that doesn't go well in economic times like these. That said, they should try to attract a chain i.e. Hooters to take that spot. It seems to be a death trap for every local restaurant that tries it.

Edited by bchris02

One of the new bike racks at the Rivermarket.

p1030087ke4.jpg

Those are bike racks? They look neat, but it looks like at max they fit two bikes each, one on either side, which would be pretty impractical. Plus, it looks like the bodies of the bikes would extend out into the sidewalk and possibly obstruct it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rumor has it that Velo Rouge has temporarily closed. Employees are leaving and I think its safe to say that it probably won't come back, and if it did, it wont stay long. That really doesn't surprise me considering their mediocre food and high prices, a combination that doesn't go well in economic times like these. That said, they should try to attract a chain i.e. Hooters to take that spot. It seems to be a death trap for every local restaurant that tries it.

Velo Rouge is out and Big Whiskey's is in. Big Whiskey's American Bar & Grill will be opening soon in the space. The owners are familiar with the RM. They own Flying Burrito and Ernie Biggs so business must be good enough to put up the money to try another location.

Velo Rouge is out and Big Whiskey's is in. Big Whiskey's American Bar & Grill will be opening soon in the space. The owners are familiar with the RM. They own Flying Burrito and Ernie Biggs so business must be good enough to put up the money to try another location.

I'd say the name is a poor start.

I agree with that but then I thought Sticky Fingers Rock and Roll Chicken Shack was the worse name I'd ever heard and it was bound to fail.

Ah....quite true.

Big Whiskey's is out of Springfield, MO. Big Whiskey's . Arkansas business reports they are putting $400,000 into the place.

Sounds like a fairly substantial investment...must mean they're serious.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in there last week and there are at least two vacant spots. Between the front door and the new chocolate shop.

I had some chocolate from CB. One of the things I was looking for when I visited was evidence that chocolates were being made on site. I didn't see it. Could have been there, but it was not prominent. There is a place in Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia where you get to see things being produced. ala Swensen's ice cream.