The River Market

3 hours ago, skirby said:

Never had that problem. It was always nice to sit outside and have a slice while enjoying the river view.

Due to the fact Little Rock turned away from the river there are few places with river views. Damgoode was one of the few that provided that view.

cGikAJ.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 7:47 AM, theman said:

Noticed that a couple of weeks ago. I wonder what it means for the building in the background that also has the Simmons logo on it?

Now more than a year down the road, from the looks of this Facebook post, the naming rights (a "skyline brand opportunity", as the post puts it) for Little Rock's tallest building may be up for grabs again, though there's no mention of that yet on the property manager's website.

Now more than a year down the road, from the looks of this Facebook post, the naming rights (a "skyline brand opportunity", as the post puts it) for Little Rock's tallest building may be up for grabs again, though there's no mention of that yet on the property manager's website.

Link doesn’t work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, ndark said:

Ernie Biggs is showing that it is Leased. 

Saw the sign in the window a few minutes ago. Wonder what it is. 

Cannibal and Craft, a bar which has a location on Dickson St. in Fayetteville, is opening in the old Ernie Biggs location. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I-30 Crossing construction at the 2nd Street ramp.:

Ramp being removed with the Holiday Inn Express in the background.

spacer.png

This part will also be coming down.

spacer.png

2nd Street (bottom right hand corner) will remain open but the ramp will be replaced by a park running from the Clinton Presidential  Center Park under I-30 west to Cumberland.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, skirby said:

I-30 Crossing construction at the 2nd Street ramp.:

Ramp being removed with the Holiday Inn Express in the background.

spacer.png

This part will also be coming down.

spacer.png

2nd Street (bottom right hand corner) will remain open but the ramp will be replaced by a park running from the Clinton Presidential  Center Park under I-30 west to Cumberland.

spacer.png

Will there be a new entrance ramp into the river market?  I feel this is the most used ramp down there…

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, skirby said:

I was hoping they would do a deck over park from 6th to 9th much like Klyde Warren Park in Dallas. That section is already below grade and could connect Mac Park to East Village somewhat nicely. But why would ARDOT want to make anything more pleasant*eyeroll*

I was hoping they would do a deck over park from 6th to 9th much like Klyde Warren Park in Dallas. That section is already below grade and could connect Mac Park to East Village somewhat nicely. But why would ARDOT want to make anything more pleasant*eyeroll*

It’s not a bad idea, but for the record, elevated parks over freeways are SUPER expensive to construct and maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Smith said:

That's a cool idea.  It could be done on several sections of 630 too.  

• 10 months later...

spacer.png

Thoughts about development. The park could be divided into sections and naming rights could be could be sold to help cover the cost of  development.  An example could be The UnderCrossing for the land located under I-30, The Simmons Bank Plaza or The Terrace at Simmons Bank and The Lawn for the section between the library campus on the north and  Arkansas Capital Commerce Center and 300 Third Tower on the south. Each section of the park could interconnect but with a different theme.

21 hours ago, skirby said:

Land on which a future  park  will be constructed  after the I-30/2nd Street ramp has been fully removed. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 10:43 PM, MDC26 said:

ENVISION COMPETITION 2022

image.thumb.jpeg.16dc11498e8e6b637d7ea25ed5173feb.jpeg

There were 21 proposals submitted for the new park. They have been posted and the public can vote on them: 

https://www.studio-main.org/envision?fbclid=IwAR32uhBJk1WGcY6jo4exU488PmQjAIiOvpaQ9VfhfxWZnnyqp1oEhaIfkxo

Some really innovative ideas and some not so much.  Thanks for posting! Voted for my favorite option. 

On 7/31/2022 at 11:45 AM, dnashobviously said:

Some really innovative ideas and some not so much.  Thanks for posting! Voted for my favorite option. 

Which one was your favorite(s)?  I’ve only gone through about half of them so far. 

On 8/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, dnashobviously said:

I really liked the restorative loop concept as well as the Arkansas Riverwalk. The Little Rock Waterpark is interesting too. I just hope that a concept that stands out that locals can enjoy and tourists think is cool to see like Clyde Warren Park in Dallas. 

Yeah, I liked those two and a couple others. The aqueduct/water mill was cool too, but maybe not practical. They were awarding the winning designs tonight, but haven’t seen the results yet. 

On 8/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, dnashobviously said:

I really liked the restorative loop concept as well as the Arkansas Riverwalk. The Little Rock Waterpark is interesting too. I just hope that a concept that stands out that locals can enjoy and tourists think is cool to see like Clyde Warren Park in Dallas. 

I don’t really care for the ones with large water features (a small one is ok), since the river itself is just a couple blocks away. I think the new park should complement the river walk, but not be a mini version of it.