Gamecock baseball heads to the Super Regionals

waccamatt

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best thing is it was a sophomore pitcher that did Evansville in, and the whole team is a baby team. A baby team making it this far bodes well for the future. Another thing that bodes well for the future is that today's The State says no names on the baseball team have come up for the draft. It looks like they might be ready in time to break in their new baseball stadium in style.

LOL, congrats to the Gamecocks! I'll be glad when SC teams can get this much exposure in basketball.

KB, that is coming soon. The Gamecocks will be loaded for bear in '07-'08 with at least 3 top 100 players becoming eligile. If Renaldo Balkman comes back for his senior year instead of going to the NBA, we should have a great season in '06-'07. The future looks bright as Dave Odom is now able to sign some top players.

I'm surprised no one posted an update here yet. The Gamecocks beat Georgia in the first game of the Super Regional - and tied a record in the process. How's 5 homeruns in a row for ya!? :w00t: Back to back to back to back to back!!!!! Unbelieveable to say the least. Almost equally remarkable is the fact that Georgia pitching allowed that to happen.

The second game in the series is today.

I'm surprised no one posted an update here yet. The Gamecocks beat Georgia in the first game of the Super Regional - and tied a record in the process. How's 5 homeruns in a row for ya!? :w00t: Back to back to back to back to back!!!!! Unbelieveable to say the least. Almost equally remarkable is the fact that Georgia pitching allowed that to happen.

Cockadoodledooooooooooo; I've already got the DVR set to record the Gamecocks' entry into the College World Series for the 4th time in the last 5 years.

I was scared to mention it. Our baby biddies need as little hype as they can get. They need to stay focused on the task at hand.

I was scared to mention it. Our baby biddies need as little hype as they can get. They need to stay focused on the task at hand.

Even if they don't end up making the world series this year, we will have a talented AND experienced team for the next 2 years. I predict we will win it all either next year, the year after or both.

Archived