State Budget Surplus

skirby

This is America... taxes are non-refundable! :thumbsup:

That's funny. :P Have you ever noticed how that if you're behind and/or late on taxes, the gov't fines you and adds all kinds of interest and penalties? But when the gov't is holding your money for you (overpayment of income taxes), it takes all the time it wants in issuing your refund... AND WITH NO INTEREST. :shok:

SALES TAXES... the most fair tax on the planet. Pay as much (or as little) as you want... and EVERYBODY pays.

By the way... I didn't want anyone to think I'm against spending $250 million on the zoo or an aquarium. Just use LR/NLR tax payer money... not Paragould's. We're closer to the Memphis zoo anyway.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way... I didn't want anyone to think I'm against spending $250 million on the zoo or an aquarium. Just use LR/NLR tax payer money... not Paragould's. We're closer to the Memphis zoo anyway.

That's the problem with doing something like that. You know someone would end up feeling left out because the money wasn't spent in their area.

Archived