My Anchorage Experience Pictures

Well here are a few of my 600+ pictures I took during my week vacation in Anchorage. If there are any certain ones in particular that you would like to see more like (City Views, Portage Glacier, etc.), let me know!!! I do h

Flying into Anchorage....

Somewhere over the Chugach

S4020435.jpg

Heading to Portage Glacier....

A few miles from downtown

S4020508.jpg

Some effects of the 1964 earthquake and tsunami

S4020541.jpg

Scenic Old Seward Highway

S4020585.jpg

Heading back to Anchorage....

City Skyline

S4020722.jpg

In Anchorage....

City Views

S4020727.jpg

S4020738.jpg

S4020755.jpg

S4020768.jpg

S4020850.jpg

S4021013.jpg

S4021132.jpg

S4021149.jpg

On 4th Avenue

S4020734.jpg

Conoco Phillips

S4021004.jpg

Dimond Mall

S4021067.jpg

Anchorage First Baptist Church

S4021091.jpg

Town Square

S4021099.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, did you just choose to go to Anchorage for a vacation, or was there a particular reason for going to Alaska? ( if you don't mind my asking)

Those are nice photos. Anchorage has become a bit sterile for my tastes, but the scenery around the place is fantastic. Please show more photos of the area since you were asking.

Awesome pics i love the scenery around Anchorage. I see a lot of potential there like i wished they'd start some mixed-use developments on those empty lots in the pics to add some density.

BTW what was Anchorage like for a visitor? Did you enjoy the city?

Wow, did you just choose to go to Anchorage for a vacation, or was there a particular reason for going to Alaska? ( if you don't mind my asking)

Those are nice photos. Anchorage has become a bit sterile for my tastes, but the scenery around the place is fantastic. Please show more photos of the area since you were asking.

I don't mind you asking. When I was smaller I used to live in Anchorage and I have always wanted to go back. There was a kind of particular reason too, I went and toured UAA (University of Alaska Anchorage), because I am hoping to go there after graduating high school.

I'll try and get some more pictures up later.

Awesome pics i love the scenery around Anchorage. I see a lot of potential there like i wished they'd start some mixed-use developments on those empty lots in the pics to add some density.

BTW what was Anchorage like for a visitor? Did you enjoy the city?

For me as a visitor.... Everyone in Anchorage was extremely friendly. To me it was quite easy to get around, we didn't rent a car, but we used the People Mover Buses to get around. On the end note, I loved the city, it was a great place to visit. I liked it so much if I don't go to college there I am still planning on moving there after graduating whatever college.

Archived