Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avery

New Downtown Raleigh Wayfinding System

12 posts in this topic

News story on WRAL about Raleigh hiring a firm to create signs to correspond to downtown districts in order to make it easier for people to navigate the area.

Directional Signs

I think this is a good idea and should really help the area.

News story on WRAL about Raleigh hiring a firm to create signs to correspond to downtown districts in order to make it easier for people to navigate the area.

Directional Signs

I think this is a good idea and should really help the area.

I like the new logo by the Downtown Raleigh Alliance. It shows downtown as 5 districts. Perhaps signs with the logo and the "you are here" district could be highlighted.

http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/index.cfm

This is different, but still about downtown Raleigh signage.

Can someone create a rendering that shows what downtown Raleigh will look like if every building over 200' changes its sign to reflect the new ordinance?

Glad to see the new DRA website up and running - and there's a ton of great information in the newsletter.

Thanks for the link. The directional signs look good, and I like the punched out Oak leaves on the non functional side of the pole.

The cursive "Welcome" and "City of Oaks", however, have to go. They scream "Sleepytown, USA."

The cursive "Welcome" and "City of Oaks", however, have to go. They scream "Sleepytown, USA."

Anything that will help the many half lost people I see is great to me. Now we need more things that need found. I still wish there was some way to mold ourselves into some sort of technological proto-city with all the trappings that make people ooh and ah. Cree is an obvious lead company for such a thing...any others? Thoughts?

Anything that will help the many half lost people I see is great to me. Now we need more things that need found. I still wish there was some way to mold ourselves into some sort of technological proto-city with all the trappings that make people ooh and ah. Cree is an obvious lead company for such a thing...any others? Thoughts?

I like the design. How did they come up with the color scheme? Is it arbitrary or has it been used in connection with the CVB or some other entity?