Political Forum?

provid

I was wondering if we should add a section centering on RI political talk such as the race for Governor or perhaps an upcoming ballot. These upcoming issues and candidates could greatly change our urban fabric for better or worse. I think its important to have a place to talk about and post options about the upcoming elections and or issues.

It may help people understand what and who we are voting for.

Example: In the race for Governor who is for historic tax credits and whose not

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering if we should add a section centering on RI political talk such as the race for Governor or perhaps an upcoming ballot. These upcoming issues and candidates could greatly change our urban fabric for better or worse. I think its important to have a place to talk about and post options about the upcoming elections and or issues.

Thats really a hit or miss subject, more so if you talk about upcoming bills just posting them and talking about who is running, who is dropping, once you get involved in issues you get into fighting.... never discuss politics or religion, or atleast thats how I always saw it.

Thats really a hit or miss subject, more so if you talk about upcoming bills just posting them and talking about who is running, who is dropping, once you get involved in issues you get into fighting.... never discuss politics or religion, or atleast thats how I always saw it.

I disagree, i think this would be the perfect fourm for it. For the most part people here are respectful and genuine. I'm all for a section on local politics were we can debate bills and races

I think it is a great idea, but it would have to be aggressively moderated (thus, Cotuit would have to want to do that) since there is a huge potential for things to get out of hand in that type of forum.

- Garris

I think it is a great idea, but it would have to be aggressively moderated (thus, Cotuit would have to want to do that) since there is a huge potential for things to get out of hand in that type of forum.

- Garris

Having a political forum in an election year would quickly get out of control. Trolls galore would invade UP and turn it into a political slugfest. I say no to this type of forum - therre are other forums out there for that type of thing (ProJo)

I think its important to talk about the issues that could change our urban landscape. Even the race for Governor could alter the course of our city and state. I dont think we should turn a blind eye. If the issues discussed are related to our urban world then why not talk about them so people can feel educated and take a stand?

http://www.pbn.com/contentmgr/showdetails.php/id/121218

Great. Give more power to the General Assembly.

i don't understand what's so bad about the house bill. the senate one is a bit ridiculous. i don't think they should take land for "economic development" unless that land has been sitting dormant for many years or not used to its potential (can anyone say surface parking). taking homes should be banned no questions asked, except in the case of public development (like the airport) so long as they pay the homeowners a fair value cost of their home plus relocation costs.

I don't want to create an entire subforum for political discussion, because I don't want to close it at the end of election season. But people can post political discussions in the Business and Technology section, because our discussions should try to stay more or less on those topics, and of course candidates stands on the urban environment and urban issues like transportation and schools...

Everyone should know that I am in no mood to have to be heavily moderating political discussions, and if people get out of hand they will be suspended and/or banished so fast it will make all of our collective heads spin. If the discussions get out of hand, I will put an end to all political discussions. That said, I trust this group can have civil adult discourse.

Archived