IKEA Canton

gat

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in town for the Dave Matthews Band concert and thought about swinging in there for the free chairs they were giving away. On the radio I heard there were hoards of people lined up, some waiting since sunday? Girlfreind had an exam so we had to skip it. IKEA is cool but I wouldnt wait 2 days for an 80 dollar chair.

I'll probably go there since I need a few pieces of furniture for my new apartment.

Wolverine, my flat is furnished in Early U-M Prop Dep. You should go check them out before Ikea. The hours are weird, but the prices are good, and now would be prime time for their apartment turnover pieces.

Armchairs $15-50

Desk chairs (wheeled swivel, with upholstery) $5

Couches $75

I found a band jacket (symphonic stage type) for $5

They have beds and dressers and desks, and gently-used pieces from dorms and offices and waiting rooms. My BIL tells me that there's a similar facility in ELansing.

Canton, bleah. For those who think Wyoming is bad...!

Aw, we loved having you Michigan guys visit us in the 'burgh for your closest IKEA. Seems I won't be seeing any more Michigan plates in the parking lot at Robinson Towne Center here. :( Congrats on the new opening!

Aw, we loved having you Michigan guys visit us in the 'burgh for your closest IKEA. Seems I won't be seeing any more Michigan plates in the parking lot at Robinson Towne Center here. :( Congrats on the new opening!

The one in Chicago was just as close.

Anyone have a map or directions?

Go past Lansing to I-275. Go south to Ford Road. Take that exit, go west prox one mile, stay in right lane. It's just past the next major cross street (Haggerty?) in a plaza that will likely be packed with cars and hoopla. About 2-1/2 hours from Exit 43.

"Westland: where the mall is"

[moved from there almost two years ago!]

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the IKEA both last week and yesterday. Pretty nice. I plan on custom building my own furniture so I'll be stocking up on parts from that warehouse portion. That's what I really like about it. You can buy the whole piece of furniture if you want, or just one piece of it.

Archived