Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yeah...

Little help?

18 posts in this topic

i pretty much stick to the same 3 bars, but i'm trying to expand my horizons....

what are some cool pubs/bars (NOT dance clubs) that you have been to that are fairly well lighted inside? also, majorly crowded (weeknights) would be cool, too.

i usually go to bw-3s, jillians & the penguin...and i'm getting bored. any other suggestions?

thanks!

popular ones are

Jackalope Jacks E. 7th St. in Elizabeth

Connolly's on 5th Uptown

Sir Edmund Hailey's Park Rd.

Alexander Micheal's (although it is dark inside) in 4th Ward.

Rira's is pretty popular and the interior of the pub was imported from Ireland but it is a litttle "banky". Tryon

Tyber Creek Pub South Blvd. It can be hit or miss packed some nights dead others 2 dollar Guiness though.

thanks guys! i'm going to go hit a few tonight!

Well it is not really a pub/bar, but Rock Bottom has a great selection of beers. And the foods not bad.

Yeah I love Rock Bottom. Good food, nice price, and best of all strong drinks.

Yeah I love Rock Bottom. Good food, nice price, and best of all strong drinks.

Zink downtown has a great outdoor patio area -- drinks are fine, but great people watch spot. Lots of activity across the down the street. I also love the atmosphere and location of Therapy, but the service is ultra slow every time I've been there -- it's almost easier to bring your own drinks and enjoy the patio!

rock bottom is pretty dark inside, though right? i've only been once or twice, both time during the day, and it was pretty dim. i'm seeking out the brightly lit ones bc a friend of mine can't see at all in dark places. so the more light, the less chance he has of running into something and feeling humiliated. :)

where is zink?

therapy seems a little...snobfest to me. i'm a grunge type of chick.

Therapy has a great location, drinks and desserts but I heartily concur about their slow service! It took at least an hour to get our bill every time I have been there during the weekend. Almost an hour to get our drink and desserts. All the waitstaff are friendly they are just high all time and move very slooooowly ;)

I walk by Zink all the time and have always wanted to try it out but always figured it was to expensive for me, gotta try it out next time im uptown

I walk by Zink all the time and have always wanted to try it out but always figured it was to expensive for me, gotta try it out next time im uptown

Zink isn't cheap, but it is no more than any other bar downtown. It is located across from RiRa and beside Capital Grille.

Comet Grill on Park Rd (beside the BiLo) is a great hole in the wall beer joint. Food is excellent. Moosehead Tavern on Montford is good too.

If your worried about light being an issue you could always go to Mellow Mushroom in NoDa. It's usually well lit in there and the beer selection is great.

Selwyn Pub is a small place with a huge outdoor patio. Good food, good beer selection (Stella all the way!), I always enjoy going on Thursday nights.

Comet Grill on Park Rd (beside the BiLo) is a great hole in the wall beer joint. Food is excellent.

And I looooooove their french fries!

Ill keep the bars said above in mind. Ill be in Charlotte later on this week :)

My buddy owns Connoly's on 5th and Tyber Creek Pub, both GREAT bars to hang out and have a beer or two.

Love the Gin Mill too, but haven't been there in a while...

Also Tavern on the Tracks in SouthEnd on Tryon. GREAT sports bar with great food, reasonable prices, outdoor deck