Little help?

yeah...

i pretty much stick to the same 3 bars, but i'm trying to expand my horizons....

what are some cool pubs/bars (NOT dance clubs) that you have been to that are fairly well lighted inside? also, majorly crowded (weeknights) would be cool, too.

i usually go to bw-3s, jillians & the penguin...and i'm getting bored. any other suggestions?

thanks!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

popular ones are

Jackalope Jacks E. 7th St. in Elizabeth

Connolly's on 5th Uptown

Sir Edmund Hailey's Park Rd.

Alexander Micheal's (although it is dark inside) in 4th Ward.

Rira's is pretty popular and the interior of the pub was imported from Ireland but it is a litttle "banky". Tryon

Tyber Creek Pub South Blvd. It can be hit or miss packed some nights dead others 2 dollar Guiness though.

Yeah I love Rock Bottom. Good food, nice price, and best of all strong drinks.

Zink downtown has a great outdoor patio area -- drinks are fine, but great people watch spot. Lots of activity across the down the street. I also love the atmosphere and location of Therapy, but the service is ultra slow every time I've been there -- it's almost easier to bring your own drinks and enjoy the patio!

rock bottom is pretty dark inside, though right? i've only been once or twice, both time during the day, and it was pretty dim. i'm seeking out the brightly lit ones bc a friend of mine can't see at all in dark places. so the more light, the less chance he has of running into something and feeling humiliated. :)

where is zink?

therapy seems a little...snobfest to me. i'm a grunge type of chick.

Therapy has a great location, drinks and desserts but I heartily concur about their slow service! It took at least an hour to get our bill every time I have been there during the weekend. Almost an hour to get our drink and desserts. All the waitstaff are friendly they are just high all time and move very slooooowly ;)

Archived