Super Suppers

monsoon

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently SuperSuppers is opening several locations in the Charlotte area. Looks like this is a place where you go and cook your food while visiting with other people, then take it home to eat. It's an interesting idea.

That is so funny! I just got back from eating Indian on Kings Dr and noticed a new place opening in the plaza soon and took a flyer for it. It's called WeekDay Gourmet and seems to have a similar concept. They have a website: www.weekdaygourmet.com. I'm loving the possibilities!

Apparently SuperSuppers is opening several locations in the Charlotte area. Looks like this is a place where you go and cook your food while visiting with other people, then take it home to eat. It's an interesting idea.

You don't do any actual cooking - just prep everything and take it home in freezer containers. Then you have a whole week's worth of meals in the freezer. Its sort of fun and its really easy (everything you need is right at the little recipe station). Quality is only so-so though - for example, frozen pre-pack chicken from Sysco rather than fresh chicken... You can also just stop by and get one of the meals already prepped and just take it home. You go with a friend and share a recipe station and work your way around the room visiting all the stations and prepping all the meals.

Another version in the area is called Dream Dinners. These places are really taking off.

There is one open on Mallard Creek Church in front of University Research Park and one on Pineville Matthews at Carmel.

So you don't actually cook any food there? I thought the website made it seem that you actually cook in their store and then reheat the meals at home.

Did you go to Maharani on Kings, AB? I love that place. Meskerem right down the block has awesome Ethiopian. This concept sounds like a lot of fun. I don't cook at all though and go out to eat all the time so I will need some help :lol:

Yes, I was at Maharani. I love that place! I have been to Red Sea around the corner on Independence, although I have yet to go to Meskerem. I have heard great things about it though, so I must get there.

Archived