MSNBC President steps down

damus

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/e...nt/14763888.htm

His exit was described Wednesday as a "mutual decision" by NBC News President Steve Capus and Kaplan.

"He came in at a critical time, he stabilized it and now we're going to grow it," Capus said, adding that he expected an announcement of Kaplan's replacement quickly.

MSNBC's prime-time lineup is up 14 percent in viewers this year, while Fox and CNN are down. Fox's prime-time lineup averages 1.7 million viewers a night, CNN has 786,000 and MSNBC has 360,000, according to Nielsen Media Research. During the daytime, MSNBC's viewership has been flat.

So the guy who drags the network out of the toilet gets fired.... They need to quit the constant tweaking. They have some good things going with Olbermann and Scarborough, and Imus' audience is steady and has money (advertising $$$).

Next month's announcement as predicted by me: MessNBC moves Olbermann to Tucker Carlson's hour to compete with the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, Scarborough moved to a day time debate show with a new liberal co-host (Donahue, Ron Reagan, who knows!!) a la Buchanan and Press, and prime time gets revamped with the ever charismatic duo of Tucker Carlson and Rita Cosby at 8 and 9. Who's at 10? Nobody knows! The sad thing is, even though I'm joking, this isn't beyond the realm of possibilities considering MessNBC's track record.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL!

"the guy that drags the network out of the toilet?" they are still third, way way way way way behind even CNN. Just because they have had some improvement and Fox and CNN have stabilized doesn't mean that the Tigers are now worse then the Pittsburgh Pirates.

LOL perhaps, but if you take a ten year average, the tigers suck beyond suck.

I've been an avid MSNBC follower for about three years now. They have changed daytime and primetime lineups so much. To be honest, It's a personal preference. But I'd love to see them focus more on headlines during the daytime. As a veiwer I have been pretty unhappy with it lately. I do like the primetime lineup. Although Rita Cosby's voice makes me want to put my head in an oven. My prediction, they leave, the primetime lineup as is. (Unless they are going to put Olbermann opposite, O'reilly. Since they are such diametrically opposed Nemeses if you will). I hope they get off the celebrity gossip, this is what's happening on American Idol stuff, and focus more on news too. I think what they should do is promote themselves more, find something that works during the day, and go after CNN like a pitbull!

I like the MSNBC's reporting and night-time programming the best out of the three 24-hour networks, but their weekend schedule is down-right unbearable.

I could handle "Countdown" moving to 8pm Central, but any other time slot IMO would be to late or early for my tastes.

My prediction, they leave, the primetime lineup as is. (Unless they are going to put Olbermann opposite, O'reilly. Since they are such diametrically opposed Nemeses if you will). I hope they get off the celebrity gossip, this is what's happening on American Idol stuff, and focus more on news too.

On the East Coast, where everything is live TV, Olbermann is on opposite the Lepre-con.

Yeah, the weekend programming is terrible. "Weekends with Maury and Connie" is perhaps the worst TV show I've ever seen. The first episode featured Connie "interviewing" herself taped. She even joked around with herself during the course of this interview. I haven't seen it since, but I've heard it being made fun of on the Laura Ingraham show...

Archived