Places to watch the World Cup

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 world cups ago, i often went to AZTECA (i think it's on woodlawn)... had some good food & watched some real futbol. last year i got the cable sports package (1 month only) so i could watch all the games live... i was up from 2am - 7am. this year i won't have to pull the real early morning since it's in germany... instead i'll be pulling a number of half-days @ work. i bet all weekend games will be aired live @ elizabeth billiards... they might even play the re-broadcast later in the weeknight. i know that some of the guys there are fans, and they have a nice widescreen LCD @ the bar... so, you'd want to get a seat there. but be warned, this bar is very smokey.

hey, i just found out about what might be the BEST place to watch the world cup. BIG BEN british sports pub on providence rd. i got the word they're going world cup crazy over there. i think i'll be attending some matches @ this place. (it's where the MEETING HOUSE used to be.)

hey, i just found out about what might be the BEST place to watch the world cup. BIG BEN british sports pub on providence rd. i got the word they're going world cup crazy over there. i think i'll be attending some matches @ this place. (it's where the MEETING HOUSE used to be.)

That's great, not too far from me, I will be checking it out. The World Cup is just not as much fun without the crazy, communal atmosphere.

OK, i just got back from watching some of the England vs. Trinidad game at Big Ben Pub - excellent place to watch World Cup. All i can say is I really had a hard time leaving to go back to work! They had two big screens inside, the place was packed, and they also had two tv's outside to watch from the patio. The food, although a little pricey ($11.95 lunch entrees), was VERY GOOD.... I had fish and chips, it was the best i've had in Charlotte area. The service was very friendly and quick.

Unfortunately England and Trinidad were scoreless the whole time I was there.

OK, i just got back from watching some of the England vs. Trinidad game at Big Ben Pub - excellent place to watch World Cup. All i can say is I really had a hard time leaving to go back to work! They had two big screens inside, the place was packed, and they also had two tv's outside to watch from the patio. The food, although a little pricey ($11.95 lunch entrees), was VERY GOOD.... I had fish and chips, it was the best i've had in Charlotte area. The service was very friendly and quick.

Unfortunately England and Trinidad were scoreless the whole time I was there.

i went there on monday to watch the U.S. - unfortuntly get spanked. it was a great place to watch the game! we got there about 45 min. before kick-off and got great seats. they had complimentary soup, which was cool.

now, i'm not real familiar with english food (i've always heard i'm not missing much)... let alone the pub variety... but, i was a little dissappointed with my lunch. i had a banger's (sausage) sandwich with chips (typical steak fries) and a wally... which i was very excited about only to learn it's a freakin' pickle... talk about hurt. all in all i like the atmosphere as it's the most laid back bar on that stretch of providence and it is your best bet for futbol crowd comradery.

Alot of places are really catching on. I was at Alexander Michaels in 4th ward today for lunch and they had the England game on. I wish the US was a little more into soccer, how is MLS doing here? Or should I say, is it even still a league?

Archived