civitas

Gallery on Fulton

880 posts in this topic

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/developmen...gallonfult.aspx

"Gallery on Fulton will feature an underground parking garage, street-level retail space, and approximately 70 condos on its upper levels. The development also will include a roof-top garden for residents."

20060127-PRS-Daytime_images_Page_1_300.jpg

I thought with being in the "Center" of the city (Fulton & Division) it would have been a little taller. Though I am happy they are going to have underground parking and ground level retail. It seems like it will be short for the area. At one time, they had talked about a Jazz club or something going in there. I wonder if that will still be in the works or not.

http://www.rapidgrowthmedia.com/developmen...gallonfult.aspx

"Gallery on Fulton will feature an underground parking garage, street-level retail space, and approximately 70 condos on its upper levels. The development also will include a roof-top garden for residents."

Now that you mention it, I noticed that Gallery on Fulton is #8 on the Parade of Downtown Living. Strangely, though, the map in Grand Rapids Magazine has the location at Weston and Ionia. Hello! 'on Fulton' is in the name! :wacko:

mmmm rooftop garden.

Probably way outside my budget range, however.

mmmm rooftop garden.

Probably way outside my budget range, however.

How much fun could you have on a rooftop with all those cops across the street anyway?

Now that you mention it, I noticed that Gallery on Fulton is #8 on the Parade of Downtown Living. Strangely, though, the map in Grand Rapids Magazine has the location at Weston and Ionia. Hello! 'on Fulton' is in the name! :wacko:

I saw that on the list and wondered what it was. So much for UP getting the 'inside scoop' from acarlton :P

Ew, what's with the brown walls on that East side? It looks like the Towers medical building (soon to be demolished). Other than that, this will be a great addition to that corner.

Yeah Dad, that tower does look weak, predictable. I think the corner element is going to be slick though, and the scale doesn't bother me one bit.

Edited by golscorer4

My guess would be that they are showing the Second Story Sales office next to the Sierra Room.

I believe they are marketing the project.

I have to admit, I'm going to miss seeing the old ads painted on the side of the building next door...

How much fun could you have on a rooftop with all those cops across the street anyway?

Hey cops are pretty fun themselves :lol:

From the limited renderings that they have released, I was under the impression that at least the North and West facades of that tower were going to be pretty transparent?

One said hey to me last night as I pedaled past the DV honchofest.

Mmmm....uniforms.

I know a few myself.. they're not bad.. you could see a bunch of them "in action" at Kale's any given night :ph34r:

One said hey to me last night as I pedaled past the DV honchofest.

Mmmm....uniforms.

I used to get along well with the cops when I worked at a (sad to say it) McDs while in High School. They are a lot of fun.

lol veloise

the red side actually reminds me a LOT of the old look of the riverfront tower

as for rooftop garden, i've never been in one, and would imagine it would be a nice place to relax with a decent view. Unfortunately the view southwest from there is like van andel amongst a giant parking lot. ><

Doesn't look to bad hopefully it goes in sooner than later that lot is an eyesore would be a perfect spot to sell a car im trying to get rid of :rolleyes:

Unless you like looking at a weedy parking lot, you'd probably want to go to the model which is most likely located in the same location as Hillmount and The Fitzgerald on Ionia.

Joe

It looks to me like the rooftop garden is on top of the lower portion of the building, is that correct? From that height you probably won't be getting much of a view, but it would be like a private park and would certainly be a nice feature of living there. Any estimates on when construction might start and when completion might be?

-nb

The rooftop garden is planned for the 3 story retail portion. 3 stories up will still give you an "above the action" feeling. Groundbreaking will probably occur like all the others: when >50% sold and probably 18 - 20 months to build.

A little lunchtime Photoshopping...

163136938_67c0ea39a2.jpg

163136937_8ba715b9c5.jpg

Nice cut/paste!

Honestly, what did people do for fun before photoshop?

Nice cut/paste!

Honestly, what did people do for fun before photoshop?

MSPaint.... Or for the old timers.. something like.. NeoPaint or DOS Paint?

ASCII art!

Us "oldtimers" used perspective charts and ruling pens, thank you very much. :whistling: