Gallery on Fulton

civitas

I dont think the city would have let cvs get away with something like they did in eastown downtown the area is too important. I think a pharmacy downtown would be a great idea with all the medical facilities going up on Michigan its odd that there isn't a major pharmacy in the core. One pharmacy on all of medical mile :huh:

What pharmacy is that? The one Rite Aid where the Red Geranium used to be is now closed. Is there another one I'm not thinking of?

What pharmacy is that? The one Rite Aid where the Red Geranium used to be is now closed. Is there another one I'm not thinking of?

The only one I can think of, other than the one I'm sure is in the hospital, is the Walgreens down to Michigan and Diamond. But, that's not really on "Medical Mile."

• 1 month later...

I just got a breaking news email from the Business Journal. Looks like Cummings got his funding.

BREAKING NEWS ALERT FROM WWW.GRBJ.COM

Two West Fulton Secures Financing

The Grand Rapids Business Journal is reporting that Two West Fulton LLC will meet the city

Edited by GRobserver

=O

I wasn't exactly sure I'd ever see that, but boy am I glad to. This calls for a celebration! I'll be sure to be in the area for groundbreaking, that's for sure.

YES! YES! YES! That's what I'm saying. Maybe with that across the street, someone will be able to do something with the JA building, because I was looking at it today and was reminded just how s!!!!ty it looks.

I just got a breaking news email from the Business Journal. Looks like Cummings got his funding.

A few more details:

) Closing on the land should take place either this Friday or Monday. I wonder if Geha will follow them to the Title office?

) Two West Fulton is still seeking an increase from the State for Brownfield Tax Credits, due to the project growing from $20 Million to $34 Million

) UICA is reportedly $3 Million into its campaign, which was on hold but can now continue, and plans to raise $6.5 Million

) Parking services will build a 262 space $9.4 Million ramp, at its expense, into this project

) Groundbreaking is now set for this summer, completion in 18 months (early 2010 by my calculations).

There is a rendering that I haven't seen before on the cover of Grand Rapids magazine. It's much more dense with the space above UICA utilized for apartments. It looks very cool.

Joe

When I got my magazine yesterday, I almost thought, "What?? A new project I know nothing about?" It is one of the better renderings...gets me even more excited about the project. I'm excited for all the projects they spotlighted... Did anyone notice how on the cover, they had to make the Police Station almost transparent so you could see the project? Funny, yet sad.

Seriously, it doesn't look like any of the myriad of designs that we've seen already?3

I think it's the same as the latest (the 102nd rendering... =) ) but a totally new angle basically just showing the tower.

I think this was the only angle we had of what seems to be the latest.

2229824046_b7cb238d71_o.jpg

I think it's the same as the latest (the 102nd rendering... =) ) but a totally new angle basically just showing the tower.

I think this was the only angle we had of what seems to be the latest.

On the GR Mag cover, the tower looks to be 14 stories tall, including the floors for parking.

I'm guessing:

38 Commerce

Gallery on Fulton

Monroe North Hotel

Icon Hotel

Hyatt Place Mid Towne Village

Streetcar

I'm very excited to see this thing get started.

I know 5 of the 6 are:

Gallery on Fulton

D&W Fresh Market on Michigan

B.O.B. expansion

Millenium Park amphitheater

North Monroe hotel

I can't remember the 6th <_<