Gallery on Fulton

civitas

From the RSC and Associates web site. I wonder which rendering is newer.

http://www.rscrealestate.com/mixedUse_gallery.html

pageImage_gallery.jpg

"The development offers 45,800 square feet of commercial space and 74 high-end condominium units with 206 parking spaces.

The northwest and northeast of this unique development link two destination spaces by a fluid two level glass pedestrian arcade. The northwest corner is a two-story entertainment-based space that relates to neighboring entertainment venues while the northeast corner is a two-story culturally based space with "Green Roof" terrace access. This corner of the site is set back from the property line to complement the open plaza adjacent to the city's Children's Museum.

The development's mid-rise residential building enjoys premium urban views due to its location adjacent to the historic masonry structures of the city's Heartside District. The residential lobby offers smaller scale retail shops, uniquely tailored to the pedestrian friendly fabric of the district."

From the RSC and Associates web site. I wonder which rendering is newer.

http://www.rscrealestate.com/mixedUse_gallery.html

pageImage_gallery.jpg

"The development offers 45,800 square feet of commercial space and 74 high-end condominium units with 206 parking spaces.

The northwest and northeast of this unique development link two destination spaces by a fluid two level glass pedestrian arcade. The northwest corner is a two-story entertainment-based space that relates to neighboring entertainment venues while the northeast corner is a two-story culturally based space with "Green Roof" terrace access. This corner of the site is set back from the property line to complement the open plaza adjacent to the city's Children's Museum.

The development's mid-rise residential building enjoys premium urban views due to its location adjacent to the historic masonry structures of the city's Heartside District. The residential lobby offers smaller scale retail shops, uniquely tailored to the pedestrian friendly fabric of the district."

I'm liking this a lot. The idea of setting back the north east corner of the building is a very nice touch. The tower to the west looks like it will bleand very well will the buildings in Heartside.

Yank the tower crans and the Workers from the new GRAM site and let's get 'er done!

Edited by tamias6

I like the look of that version of the tower too. It's a lot less suburban post-modern and more urban warehouse/loft.

I kinda liked the other corner element's high tech avant garde look, but the way the glass panlels around the second floor lap each other like bricks, or shingles, is very intriguing.

I am liking the look of this a lot more now. The larger setback from Division is ok, but I guess for me it depends on what they are planning to do with that space. Maybe an urban plaza? That could be pretty cool.

Edited by torgo

Interesting, it looks like they have actually extended the project behind this building (12 S. Division?):

164152992_8e1b5735d5_o.jpg

because the building circled in red looks like it with a newly redecorated wall, and the area circled in blue looks like it extends behind it.

164582173_f9595a835f_o.jpg

Can we get a ruling from the judge on this one?

i went to the parade of homes spot for this location, two reps gave two different stories on the start time and they both had no details on pricing or anything else substantive so nothing new there. the second image is much improved over the first.

All the renderings at the Sales Office show the "aircraft carrier" design, not the better one on RSC's site. All the other views look like the brown and white checked thing, except for the North view, which is mainly windows. The North side is definitely the best and most striking elevation.

So they are in the process of selling units. I assume demand is still high enough for this. With so many condo projects pushing forward. I think it's great. I hope it doesn't slow down. The more residents in downtown the better for the city!

So they are in the process of selling units. I assume demand is still high enough for this. With so many condo projects pushing forward. I think it's great. I hope it doesn't slow down. The more residents in downtown the better for the city!

They are NOT selling Gallery on Fulton condos yet Matt. They don't have any information yet (pricing, floorplans, etc.). They just had the renderings. The salesperson was visibly frustrated about that.

So then, if they are not selling, why do they have a SALES office! lol

Good question. They are supposedly selling Hillmount and Fitzgerald from their new office on Ionia (where the Gallery Fulton project renderings are), yet both those projects have models at their locations. Bizarre.

Urban plazas are alright, but whatever happened to building to the sidewalk? A nice street wall would be great to have, without breaking it up with all kinds of plazas.

I agree. Division needs a continuous street-wall in this area. The ramp wasn't pretty, but it makes the point.

166433721_dab529bc7e_o.jpg

The building doesn't have to be traditional architecture, but here's a sketch of the same corner from a few years ago. No plaza - nice urbanism.

Nice. I think I've seen that on Heartside's website. I like how it greatly diminishes the impact of Fulton and Division car traffic. Shoot, I could live on that corner if it looked like that (not actually ON the corner).

I think a hybrid of this:

141953863_ad8bd1788a_o.jpg

and the image you posted civitas would be perfect.

• 1 month later...

Anyone see the story on the UICA possibly moving to Gallery on Fulton? It would give them a lot more exposure, but their place on Sheldon is already pretty cool. There's your theatre that won't conflict with the new 14 screen around the corner. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this. I was hoping Second Story/RSC would bring something new to the area with this development, but the UICA does seem to fit well here to bridge the Arena area and the "Avenue of the Arts". Your thoughts?

http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

This caught me off guard...rendering is in the Press.